Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, just checking in. My wife and I just PCS'd back to the DC Area from over seas and have started the hunt for a new car. Having owned an '03 v6 in the past, I know that honda is certainly a good place to start. Unfortunately, I had a bad experience today at Landmark Honda in Alexandria.

I arrived and told the salesman that we just returned from overseas and just need a car. Our only requirement is that it have a NAV package (my wife is an event planner and is all over the region). Other than that, we are rather agnostic as to the size or shape of car we get.

I gave the guy a rather large budget range (15k to 30k) and told him that my budget can support anything with in the range. So basically this guy could have talked us into any vehicle on the lot, new or used with little trouble.

We showed particular interest in a v6coupe with the nav and asked how much it was. He said "it's around the mid twenties" and was rather vague. I asked if he could open it up (salesmen, the customer should never have to ask this!) and he went to get the key.

5 minutes later, another guy (who I later learned was a military sales rep) came out to talk to us about types of Nav packages other than those already installed. Which is fine, but he didn't bring the key to the car. I'm a fairly educated guy when it comes to aftermarket car parts and I know the types of GPS Systems out there. Bottom line, just show me the damned car.

I know that 80% of car shoppers are just tire kickers and don't come back, but I told the guy(s) that I would be buying sooner rather than later. I just got a very blaze' (sp?) attitude from people who are supposed to be selling me a product.

I'm very unimpressed and thought I should pass it along. Are there any good honda dealers here in NOVA/DC?

sorry for the long post!

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
seriously no they are not any good honda dealers in the nova region. they are all really busy with volume sales and dont give a crap about people unless they show them the money.

ive had good experiences with the toyota people though and an Acura dealership (which i cant remember where it was..alexandria maybe?)

·
Just a Regular Member now
963 Posts
Kevin's our local V6P rep for Honda's. Give him a call and tell him Rich Chang from V6P sent you over there. He'll hook you up as much as he can.

Kevin Lim
Fairfax Honda
703-934-8500
[email protected]

I'm not suprised to hear that from Landmark Honda. College Park Honda is even worse.

For Toyota's we send folks to Alexandria Toyota to Jim Brotherton. He gives you the lowest price he can get away, no need to haggle.

Most of folks in my law firm buys Honda's from Kevin and Toyota's from Jim. So those are the two people we refer most folks to visit. No BS and nothing but the best prices they can offer.

Dizzy

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dizzy said:
Kevin's our local V6P rep for Honda's. Give him a call and tell him Rich Chang from V6P sent you over there. He'll hook you up as much as he can.

Kevin Lim
Fairfax Honda
703-934-8500
[email protected]

I'm not suprised to hear that from Landmark Honda. College Park Honda is even worse.

For Toyota's we send folks to Alexandria Toyota to Jim Brotherton. He gives you the lowest price he can get away, no need to haggle.

Most of folks in my law firm buys Honda's from Kevin and Toyota's from Jim. So those are the two people we refer most folks to visit. No BS and nothing but the best prices they can offer.

Dizzy
Thanks for the heads up. I'm headed towards ffx tomorrow so I'll try and swing by. I'm also looking at VW Jettas tomorrow as well. I'll keep you posted.
Thanks for letting me vent guys!

·
963 Posts
Personally, I'd stay away from the new Jettas for at least another year or two. It's a brand new model and you know the rule, avoid 1st year model cars like the plague. VW already has a bad rep for quality so the new Jetta's are a no-brainer to avoid.

Check out the VW threads first.
Also, be sure to call to make sure Kevin is there first. I can't vouch for the other sales people there ;)

Dizzy

·
k24/k20 Turbo coming soon
3,305 Posts
A very good friend of mine used to work for Brown's Arlington Honda in Arlington.VA. We went there a few weeks ago to buy a 7th gen Accord for his wife's cousin and he introduced me to the best sales person and dealership I've seen with my eyes. We came in my friends 6spd coupe and my other friend's highly modded integra, we even had the dealer clear the SRS light and CEL light which both cars had at no charge. Then after that we go to get the car for his wife's cousin and we get a great deal on a 7th Gen Accord Sedan and we later walk in the back of the dealer ship to find the salesperson fully cleaning and detailng the car in the back and it was 8 pm on a Sunday :eek: I was shocked to see a sales person do that. After that I was convinced they were the best dealer I've seen and I even had problems with Criswell Honda which is known to be the best service dealer in the area and that is including the huge aftermarket Dept they have but I hated that dealer because they left my car unlocked and hood popped open for 4 days in the damn winter and not to mention they ran my car in to a curb front first to damage my WW front lip and bumper :( I will never deal with them again.

A+++++ for Brown's Arlington Honda I can give you the sales person's name but Dizzy has a hook up with the fairfax dealer so hit them up they are both great dealers.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Dizzy said:

Kevin Lim
Fairfax Honda
703-934-8500
[email protected]

Dizzy

I've actually had no experience with the College Park Honda sales team, but their service team is very good. It may have somethign to do with my cousin working there, so who knows.

·
963 Posts
Brown's Service Dept. and aftermarket shop used to be V6P's official shop in this area many years ago. LOL. Of course they should know everything about our cars ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts