Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I finally bit the bullet and bought the system (CompuStar Pro P2W9000FMR) after hearing about a lot of stolen cars in the neighborhood. There's only one dealer of compustar on the island, so I went there because he had pretty good reviews.
so what was supposed to be an "hour and a half" job turned into 5 days.

They started installing everything and obviously it took MUCH longer than expected, which is fine because I knew it would. So then I come in to see what's going on...they turn the car on and it's a freaken christmas tree. happy new year woooooo. engine light, tcs, gas smells like i won the lotto. the owner of the store goes "you must have blown a relay". I'm like "my friend, YOU blew a relay"
so now my car is undrivable.
the owner did the right thing and drove me home.
so he calls me up today and tells me the bad news. it wasn't the relay, like I thought, it's the computer. he blew the ECU. he said the module was defective and when he plugged it in to the car, it fried the ecu.
so he tried frantically to buy one everywhere, but of course no one has it. he had to buy it from honda with expedited shipping and it'll only come on thursday because of the holiday. the honda dealer says that Navi/6speed accord has a specific ECU, can anyone confirm that?

i want my car back :(

·
Registered
351 Posts
the owner of the store goes "you must have blown a relay". I'm like "my friend, YOU blew a relay"[/QUOTE]

LOL. I hate it when people try to pass the buck like that.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Navi/6speed accord does have specific ECU; that's why I can't switch my 6 spd over to navi without a lot of headaches... but my source is just the service manuals and part numbers for reference.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Navi/6speed accord does have specific ECU; that's why I can't switch my 6 spd over to navi without a lot of headaches... but my source is just the service manuals and part numbers for reference.
thanks for the info, hopefully this gets over with quickly.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that sucks, but atleast it sounds like hes taking care of you and not giving you the run around
i'm glad he is, but a rental would be nice as well. I think he's going to flash the ECU too, so god knows how long he's going to stay nice LOL

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
crap my p2w9000fmr arrives tuesday.. hope i dont have the same problem.. good luck with urs!
thanks man, i've been waiting a week and it's still not finished.
good luck with yours and take your time if you're installing it yourself and if you're not, make sure you find out as much info about the shop who does it for you.

·
J35 6Spd
6,107 Posts
i will be installing it alongside paul (nvaav6) who has a lot of knowledge with electrical wiring esp in our cars, otherwise i would have had a shop do it...

do you know if any other modules were required besides the p2w9000 kit itself? (clutch bypass.. control modules..etc...)? I'm going to check out the manuals when they arrive but just wondering if you have an idea if I need any other components to hook up the system.

glad to see theres another navi/6spd with the same model as me to talk to about potential problems with it :cool:

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol sorry i completely missed the reply on this. i actually don't know if there's anything extra only because I didn't install it. the system works great btw, after a week of not having my car they finally fixed it.
i did learn one thing from this. never go to honda for anything. i'm actually contemplating a lawsuit.

·
J35 6Spd
6,107 Posts
got my system in and it is sexxxy looking. dont know yet when ill b able to install. the remote is sweet though.

where is your remote pager installed?

·
Suspension Noobie
478 Posts
Damn, Same thing happeded to me with intstall of my prestige alarm system. Luckily my ECU didnt blow and once he changed the alarm module all was well. GL with everyting though.

·
J35 6Spd
6,107 Posts
installed the compustar system this weekend and the alarm functions fine... but for the remote start we havent been able to get a good tach signal apparently. the car starts for about 2 seconds and then immediately cuts off. any ideas?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts