Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one have photos before and after the drop, with 17 or 18 inches rims on? I would like to see how different it looks form the side :D

·
Registered
236 Posts
Look in my gallery for before/after pics. :)

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Scott Si said:
Look in my gallery for before/after pics. :)
damn accord's wheel gaps are huge!! I can fit my whole head in there... :D

Even after your drop, ur car dont look dropped. Only other accord owners can tell ur car is dropped. :(

IN order to look dropped our cars need to be dropped 2 inches or more.

·
I feel da need 4 6-speeds
2,313 Posts
These pictures aren't directly from the side but they should give you an idea. Stayed with 17x7 wheels but went from 215/50/17 to 225/50/17 tires.

Stock look a few minutes after I drove off the dealership:

Lowered on Comptech springs and Koni yellows:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Flyvte,
Thanks a lot I am looking for 17inch (as of now) myself. Grate pix. How much was your drop? Big difference in comfort? I bet handling is better. Did you have to do anything with alignment?

thanks again :D

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Flyvte
Little og topic
you have vinyl strip at the back window is ti just top portion, did you try to mach it to car paint coloure or tint? :D
(that grayish area (dots) bothers me somewhat :mad: )
thx

·
Registered
236 Posts
tlak said:
How much was your drop? Scott Si

Thanks for the photos they give me good comparison
The H-tech is rated for 1.4 inch front / 0.7 inch in back.

jcygts6 said:
damn accord's wheel gaps are huge!! I can fit my whole head in there... :D

Even after your drop, ur car dont look dropped. Only other accord owners can tell ur car is dropped. :(

IN order to look dropped our cars need to be dropped 2 inches or more.

:D Yah the wheel gaps were exaggerated by going to 225/45 tires from the stock 215/50 but in general Honda seems to have a bigger wheel gap then other cars out there. I wasn't looking for the slammed look, so that's why I went with the H-Tech. Now it looks like it should have from the factory.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Scott Si said:
The H-tech is rated for 1.4 inch front / 0.7 inch in back.

:D Yah the wheel gaps were exaggerated by going to 225/45 tires from the stock 215/50 but in general Honda seems to have a bigger wheel gap then other cars out there. I wasn't looking for the slammed look, so that's why I went with the H-Tech. Now it looks like it should have from the factory.

Scott Si
In your car description it seas Comptech springs H-Tech is a model og Comptech?
Did you have to use camber kit? :D

·
Registered
236 Posts
tlak said:
Scott Si
In your car description it seas Comptech springs H-Tech is a model og Comptech?
Did you have to use camber kit? :D
I think you are confusing with flyvtec who has Comptech springs. H-tech springs are made by Tein.

I do not have a camber kit, though when I had my wheels realigned they said that the rear camber was slightly out of spec and I should get one for the rear. The front did not need a camber kit. So far the tread wear on the rears is a little uneven but not too bad.

IMHO I think the Toyos wear out so quickly on their own that I will have to replace them before having too much camber adversely affects them.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry for confusion you right I messed up :D, So front was ok back is off
If you don't mind how much lowering setup costed, and did you get everything at one place?
thanks

·
I feel da need 4 6-speeds
2,313 Posts
tlak said:
Flyvte,
Thanks a lot I am looking for 17inch (as of now) myself. Grate pix. How much was your drop? Big difference in comfort? I bet handling is better. Did you have to do anything with alignment?

thanks again :D
tlak...no prob man...the drop is about 1.25 front/1.00 rear...i can fit 2 of my fat fingers in front and 1 index finger in back...as far as comfort, it's a little bit stiffer than stock but it does ride and handle a lot better...the Koni's made a HUGE difference in ride comfort because they have great damping characteristics...i did get my car aligned (all 4 wheels) after getting my springs and after installing my shocks...after installing the springs, i got an SPC rear camber adjuster to straighten the rear wheels. IMO...you should always get an alignment everytime you do suspension mods.

as far as the vinyl strip in the rear...i asked the tint dude to try to match the color of my car...i think he did a great job...he cut out the tint at the top and put the vinyl strip over the dots...i can take a picture of it from inside my car so you can get an idea of what it looks like if you want...or you can search because other members have used the vinyl strip also...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Flyvtec
So the front wheels were OK after adjustments, right? Koni"s does are adjustable How did you set them (I believe they have setting positions, aren’t they, which did you chose)? They seams to be quiet expensive, would you recommend any good price outlet - I think I should stay out of eBay.

Out of topic question:
I have seen vinyl at the outside of the window is yours inside? I wonder how hard it is to take off that tint part over the dots. (If not too difficult photo would be grate)
Thanks again
:D

·
Registered
358 Posts
my car with stock 16's and stock suspension, no drop

this is my car with 18's no drop yet

another shot. my car 18's no drop and max's black accord with 18's and no drop..
for some reason i feel my car sits a little lower especially in the back than normal stock even though i haven't done and suspensions mods..

i konw you wanted before and after pics of accords with 17's or 18's stock ride and then dropped ... but i haven't dropped mine yet...when i do ill make sure to snag a nice side befor and after shot
im thinking about just getting lowering springs and a rear camber kit ...

i plan on upgrading to 19's and when i do ill get the full tein suspension kit then

·
Registered
358 Posts
my apologies...i thought i linked it correctly to my webshots...

i will try again from my computer when i get back home later on tonight. sorry again

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
habibnazir said:
my apologies...i thought i linked it correctly to my webshots...

i will try again from my computer when i get back home later on tonight. sorry again

no problem :D

1 - 20 of 37 Posts