Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I got the jpipe installed, and so far I am very happy with the difference in sound. I was so happy I forgot to see if I noticed any power gains...I guess I better give the computer time to readjust:D. Here's my setup:

K&N CAI
UR pulley
Borla cat back (removed pre-muffler and resonator) extended tips
Megan test pipe
First vid without Jpipe
Second vid with Jpipe

http://www.clipmoon.com/videos/64884c/stand-still-rev-.html

http://www.clipmoon.com/videos/67248f/borla-with-jpipe.html

I'll try to get some moving clips asap!

Feel free to post your setup too!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it's just the angle of the shot...they stick out the same length...I wanted to be able to see the borla emblem on the tips..

·
ILUVBOX
290 Posts
I really like the sound of the combo you have going there. If I were to get the Borla I would have that same setup, but the only thing that I dont like is the way the tips stick out. Do all look like that same way?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Nice sounding setup. I have the same setup but with the Greddy Evo2 exhaust. I love it when our cars scream that deep bass tone during WOT.

·
Registered
420 Posts
do you cruise much in Knoxville? I live in memphis but am in Knox all the time.. We basically have the same setup as well.. Great vids and you are making me consider removing my resonator..

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I really like the sound of the combo you have going there. If I were to get the Borla I would have that same setup, but the only thing that I dont like is the way the tips stick out. Do all look like that same way?
Yea, alot of people don't like the way my tips stick out...I had them extended. I wanted to see the Borla logo on the tips...I thought at first that they stuck out a little far, but it grew on me and I kinda like it now.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice sounding setup. I have the same setup but with the Greddy Evo2 exhaust. I love it when our cars scream that deep bass tone during WOT.
Agreed....I wanted to get the Greddy system, but didn't have enough money at the time, but the Borla is definately great as well. I always thought the Greddy sounded better, but now that i have made all these changes, I'm a little more reluctant to say that.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
do you cruise much in Knoxville? I live in memphis but am in Knox all the time.. We basically have the same setup as well.. Great vids and you are making me consider removing my resonator..
I live downtown, and I use a truck for work...so most of my driving with the accord is on the weekends around town. I definately would recomment removing the resonator and even the premuffler if you want it to be louder.
Give me a shout if you want if you're in town!

·
TrakCord
1,485 Posts
sounds very good i like the stock look of the borlas, maybe its jus my speakers suck but i was havin a lil trouble noticin the difference in sound.. anyhow the performance gains should be worth it

1 - 20 of 40 Posts