Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who out here has TYC headlights with aftermarket bulbs? I know that TYC's take "h1's" (im a noob), but specifically what brand and type do you have? I'm looking to buy some once I figure out which ones are the best. Thanks for the replies.

OT---- Does anyone on v6p have a JDM Integra DC2 Steering Wheel on their 6gen?
 

·
ExSlammed Club Member #52
Joined
·
1,454 Posts
BleakSpeaks69 said:
Who out here has TYC headlights with aftermarket bulbs? I know that TYC's take "h1's" (im a noob), but specifically what brand and type do you have? I'm looking to buy some once I figure out which ones are the best. Thanks for the replies.

OT---- Does anyone on v6p have a JDM Integra DC2 Steering Wheel on their 6gen?
I have the McCulloch 8000k HID kit, bought off ebay for $220 shipped. For some reason, my projector lens in my tyc's are cracked. I think from the HID's. :(
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,655 Posts
stick a hid kit in those tycs(better if u retro them)....otherwise try those pure blue LUMINICS H1 bulbs off egay! :D a99: ithink ur the only one on this forum havng 'cracking' problems with TYCs...its prolly cuz it was taken apart? and when it was put back it wasn't done too good/properly and not shock proofed?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
272 Posts
I have the TYC's, can you guys explain more about how to install the Blue HID Replacement bulbs? I'm still using what came with my TYC kit.

I found these on ebay... bulbs
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think to install them you just pop out the old ones from the back and insert the new... I'm not sure (that's why I started the thread)
 

·
ExSlammed Club Member #52
Joined
·
1,454 Posts
BleakSpeaks69 said:
I think to install them you just pop out the old ones from the back and insert the new... I'm not sure (that's why I started the thread)
Yup, well at least that is how the bulbs should be replaced.

klepto: I guess I am the only one, but hopefully I will sell/trade them, but atleast the crack does not affect the light output. :)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,655 Posts
let me know how those H1 pure blues look on the tycs...i have a pair just sitting on my desk but im too lazy to install it in the HI beam, i think im gonna use it as emergency when my HIDs blow
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
272 Posts
OK, I just ordered those Luminics Blue H1's off of ebay, I'll let y'all know how the install goes, and how they look...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
272 Posts
Well, i just got these new blue luminics bulbs installed, it was really easy.. like a 10 minute job. They look alot better than the stock bulbs!
 

·
ExSlammed Club Member #52
Joined
·
1,454 Posts
Motley said:
Well, i just got these new blue luminics bulbs installed, it was really easy.. like a 10 minute job. They look alot better than the stock bulbs!
Do you have any pictures of the new bulbs installed?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
272 Posts
I just went out and took these, not the best, was in a hurry, but you get the idea.



There's a nice blue tint, but alot more clear.



Oh, lmao, I just put the Luminics sticker on, hehehe...

 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,655 Posts
lol man...get that luminics chit off the car man! put on VTEC :D so when u look at the headlites..is there BLUISH look to it? im just to lazy to put on my H1 luminics pure blue...i want to put them in the HI BEAM area tho...it mite b crazy blue cuz the whole bulb will b showing, unlike when u stick them into the low beam TYC part its covered up with the lense
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
272 Posts
kleptodathief said:
lol man...get that luminics chit off the car man! put on VTEC :D so when u look at the headlites..is there BLUISH look to it? im just to lazy to put on my H1 luminics pure blue...i want to put them in the HI BEAM area tho...it mite b crazy blue cuz the whole bulb will b showing, unlike when u stick them into the low beam TYC part its covered up with the lense
lol, ok where do I get a VTEC stickers from?

Yes, there is definatley a blue tint on these suckers... way better than the stock bulbs IMHO.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
286 Posts
i just put in the luminics pure blue h1's in my tyc's, my buddy got the same pure blues for his civic (reflector headlights) and his is actually pure blue, mine through the projectors is just white with a small hint of blue, very small, you guys getting the same results?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
35 Posts
motley: do u have the earlier version TYCs withe round rubber back cover? or the square box cover? maybe different gen tycs give off different light output/color?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
272 Posts
ya I got my TYC's like 2 years ago, so they must be older gen. Like I said, they are very bright & blue with those Luminics H1s.
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top