Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wonderin what exactly is the best Short Ram Intake for a 6th gen accord v6 as far as horsepower is concerned?

·
JB4 e92
5,224 Posts
AEM is probably the "best" one out there. You can check out AEM dynos on their website or by searching on Google, as well as our threads and product reviews.

One intake isn't going to have a "huge" gain over another, unless we're talking about PCV pipe vs. AEM. ;)

·
Work hard...play harder!
772 Posts
Yeah you wont notice any real gains with the short ram, just a nice throaty sound. If you are looking into gettin hp gains from this mod you should consider looking at CAI. AEM V1 or V2, or injen.

·
Supernova m33
394 Posts
i noticed a little gain from the SRI but nothing to write home about. The sound is awesome tho. i always get second looks when vtec kicks in.

·
Registered
662 Posts
AEM v2, i love mines over the other CAI's i had

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
OCdjg said:
Yeah you wont notice any real gains with the short ram, just a nice throaty sound. If you are looking into gettin hp gains from this mod you should consider looking at CAI. AEM V1 or V2, or injen.

Actually the short ram is the best choice for our 6th gen v6's :cool:

·
i<3 S.E.S & Eugene Kim
3,589 Posts
in a 98-02 AV6, a AEM V2 cold air intake will giv you a 9.7hp (4.5whp) and about an 8-10 ft-lb torque.....

and about the short ram, im not sure...but i dont think its as much, i remember seeing a SRI for our av6's n the numbers were a little lower than the V2's....

(information gotten from AEMpower site...)

however, looking at the price differnce,
AEM short ram being $120shipped
AEm CAI V2 being $260shipped

price difference is $140, just for mabeeee 1 or 2 more hp...not worth it....
(not mentioning the v2 gets dirty WAY faster because of the direct air flow from outside)

and plus, with SRI, its easy to install
however, with any CAI, you will have to take off ur F.driver's wheel and take off the bumper just to install it....way more work...

inconclusion, get SRI.....much more simple

btw, i have a v2...cuz i like the sound better...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Before getting the SuperCharger (+ Ice Box), many has asked me which intake was better?

I choose Cold Air Intake system.

Used:
AEM cold air intake system
APEXi Filter w/ extension intake
HKS green filter w/ extension intake

Feel that the last 2 are much better. The Apexi does its job. But I noticed with the HKS, there's a feel of the air pulling in...but I prefer it.

Have to buy any generic intake pipe....short or extension.

Been dealing with so many customer's Accord...no one seems to remember that AEM filters are K&N...but still does a good job.

·
Work hard...play harder!
772 Posts
maying856 said:
Actually the short ram is the best choice for our 6th gen v6's :cool:
I dont know about that one. I know that SRI vs. CAI which is better has been debated up the yin yang on here. I can only talk from personal experience, and I felt a better gain with the CAI vs. SRI.

·
i haz vtec
1,561 Posts
if you get a generic intake from ebay, make sure the filter is good (branded), since thats the most important part.

·
v not some model, my girl
5,806 Posts
:repost: X 1,000 :banghead:

·
xXxCLS bOoStEdXxX
7,741 Posts
for reals this subject has been talked 2 death...if u bother searching you will find at least 20 GOOD threads that will give u EVERY ANSWER and maybe some that you werent even looking for.

·
v not some model, my girl
5,806 Posts
"best intake" threadsshould be closed before they're even opened. thats how much this subject has been talked to death. seriously people need to learn to search. search, search, and search........did i mention search yet??

1 - 20 of 22 Posts