Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all im lookin at gettin a new car and want to know where should i list my car to get the best price i can? autotrader.com? the only thing i know for sure is that i will only do local deals, not some distance transaction that i can get frauded over lol. thanks in advance!

·
ex scientia vera
3,570 Posts
wj4 said:
hey all im lookin at gettin a new car and want to know where should i list my car to get the best price i can? autotrader.com? the only thing i know for sure is that i will only do local deals, not some distance transaction that i can get frauded over lol. thanks in advance!
I'd go with autotrader.com. I used them to sell my last car and the experience was pleasant. It's cheap, and you don't have to park your car in some parking lot for extended periods of time. I'd also place a FOR SALE sign in the windows and just drive it around normally. You'll most definitely get some attention.

·
863 Posts
^^ just don't drive like a **** with your number on the "for sale" sign. I called up this fool one time who cut me off and was like "dude, don't drive like a ****" "who is this????" buahahahahah

Yeah, autotrader (both online and printed editions). Had good luck on recycler too, but looks like their format got merged with Cars.com, so I don't know how they are anymore.

Or, take it in the @ss with a trade in... :(

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
not sure how far craigslist.org stretches, its based in sf bay. ive sold three different cars from the FREE postings on that site, all within 24 hour's time.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
trapshot68 said:
^^ just don't drive like a **** with your number on the "for sale" sign. I called up this fool one time who cut me off and was like "dude, don't drive like a ****" "who is this????" buahahahahah

Yeah, autotrader (both online and printed editions). Had good luck on recycler too, but looks like their format got merged with Cars.com, so I don't know how they are anymore.

Or, take it in the @ss with a trade in... :(
see i would do a trade in but im really being SCREWED. i have an 04 av6 coupe auto fully loaded w/o navi and the bluebook value for my car right now is around $19g's...which is find but one dealership will only give $16.5g's for it. tahtts wayy too low for an 8 months old car 13k on it, lol.

how much does autotrader charge for fees? and lol craigslist is pretty popular here in so cal too.

and i also heard of carmax.com as well? thanks guys!

honestly i hope i can sell the car to another accord enthsiast with the parts as is. i dont wanna go back to stock and then sell each mod peice by peice lol. the private party value of my car is aroudn 21g's...do u think its fair if i ask for 22g's with my mods? i have injen cai, borla catback, hfp suspension, tl sway, neuspeed strut, and v6p grounding wire.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kingof3rdinput said:
Mod's decrease value IMO. I did well with autotrader.com. Try your local classifieds. I always get a great response that way.
yes to the ordinary ppl mods def decreae the value, so i will go back stock if i have to...not a big deal i think. but i rather just sold the car as is, u know? how mcuh does autotrader charge to selll a car? i have time to kill anyways..im going to get an 05 model z when the 06s are here lol :)

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Kingof3rdinput said:
I think online is like $40 for unlimited time and pics. The mag is like $25 for 3 weeks i think. The mag is trash though.
i think $40 is worth it. lol no one buys the mags anymore cuz most ppl have the net now. i guess ill start posting now and if i dont get a buyer in a month or two, ill just go wtih other methods. thanks!

·
Registered
384 Posts
Yeah, car salesman love to make money off of trade-ins. Not that I would know..

<-------Former Acura Sales Guy

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mewario said:
Yeah, car salesman love to make money off of trade-ins. Not that I would know..

<-------Former Acura Sales Guy
hey mr acura sales guy lol....when u were a salesman, did most ppl get close to the kbb trade in value for their cars once its traded in? thanks!

·
The Music Must Change
1,025 Posts
My guess is the answer would depend on what was going on with the rest of the deal. Generally speaking, you will get a great deal on your trade if you are getting a crappy deal on the car....or crappier than it would have been w/o the trade. Dealers don't lose money so if they are "taking a loss" on one part you can be pretty darn sure they are making it up elsewhere.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I would think that a private buyer who has that much money to spend on a car (cash no less) would probably buy it from a dealer (warranty) or use it as a down payment for a brand new car. Unless you know the seller really well then I would personally not risk that kind of money on a stranger's car. That's just my opinion though. I actually went through a couple of bad experiences trying to buy a car from a private seller and all I got was a headache. One guy told me to come down and look at it, and after driving 25 miles to his home, he told me that he already sold the car to someone else. :mad:

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
CarLover said:
I would think that a private buyer who has that much money to spend on a car (cash no less) would probably buy it from a dealer (warranty) or use it as a down payment for a brand new car. Unless you know the seller really well then I would personally not risk that kind of money on a stranger's car. That's just my opinion though. I actually went through a couple of bad experiences trying to buy a car from a private seller and all I got was a headache. One guy told me to come down and look at it, and after driving 25 miles to his home, he told me that he already sold the car to someone else. :mad:
my friend was able to sell his g35coupe very fast online, so i thought that i can as well. but then again his car is hotter than mine lol. it was ridiculous, in 2 days hes gotten 10-15 calls. not even my friends call me that much lol :(

edit: for those wondering, i will be selling/trading the car in for a 6speed 350z or g35coupe. looking to pay the diff in cash so the deal is done once i leave the lot :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts