Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2003 sedan and I wanna run a custom single exhaust on it with an N1 style muffler. What do you guys think would be the best way to set it up? If anyone already has that on their car or knows someone please lemme know. Thanks!

·
DAT Dewd from Dallas MANG
1,533 Posts
yo..

go 3 inch from the cat back and install a 18 -24" inch resonator before the muffler and I would go right side on the exhaust exit...

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
V6 or 4 cylinder? I know the K20 likes a 3in exhaust with Flashpro, but Idk if the K24 would like it as much. If you have the V6, 3in all the way. If you are doing JUST the catback and no PCDs, then as already stated, an 18-24in reso should do the trick.

Honestly, there is a thread on this. You should just try to wait for it.

·
frumaroll
2,048 Posts
i had a 3" single to a N1 muffler, looked prettygood on coupe. its hard to pull of a single exhaust on the coupes, let alone 4 doors.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
N1 muffler on sedans...no good. On a coupe it looks good. Have you looked at doing a different style muffler or you set on N1 style?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
V6 or 4 cylinder? I know the K20 likes a 3in exhaust with Flashpro, but Idk if the K24 would like it as much. If you have the V6, 3in all the way. If you are doing JUST the catback and no PCDs, then as already stated, an 18-24in reso should do the trick.

Honestly, there is a thread on this. You should just try to wait for it.
It's a V6, I might do PCDs but I'm not sure. Would that be better? And yeah I'm that list too but I'm just weighing all my options out

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
N1 muffler on sedans...no good. On a coupe it looks good. Have you looked at doing a different style muffler or you set on N1 style?
I'm set on it, whether I've gotta angle it so it fits or cut a hole in the bumper I don't care

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
The PCDs will be a good option. You will feel the power increase. However, if you do, you will definitely need a larger resonator. I have a 6x6x30in body resonator and 2 4x9x14in mufflers and it's still loud.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The PCDs will be a good option. You will feel the power increase. However, if you do, you will definitely need a larger resonator. I have a 6x6x30in body resonator and 2 4x9x14in mufflers and it's still loud.
I'm going more for sound but if it gains more power and it still loud then it's a win win. If you don't mind me asking, how much was your setup?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Crappy video but I just went single exhaust on my v6 coupe.
YouTube - 2004 accord v6 full 3 inch exhast with apexi turbo muffler
please... pictures, and better video / sound... there are a TON of people on here interested so if you have any info on the setup i'm sure others would greatly appreciate it. Thanks man!
Yeah if you could post pictures, describe your setup, a better video etc. Anything that you could offer would be great

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
I'm going more for sound but if it gains more power and it still loud then it's a win win. If you don't mind me asking, how much was your setup?
So you want it loud? Because if so, the PCDs are for you. You will still need a large resonator to get rid of the rasp. Unless of course you run a high flow cat, that should do a good job at negating the rasp.

Piping & labor = $400
Reso/mufflers = $300
Tips = $75
Total = $775

But I also changed out my mufflers at one point, so add about $75 to that and that's how much I spent. That's not including $300 for the V1 Jpipe and $250 for the PCDs.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts