Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys what is the best size tires for my rims? im looking into 225/40/18 because i want it to have some meat and not be razor thin. am i correct? :p

·
Registered
211 Posts
I was going to just post asking about the same question. I can tell you this I have 225/40/18 with a 45 offset and have no problems. The car is dropped just over 2" with H&R sport springs on Koni's at there lowest setting. I think my wheels are 18x7.5 though. I'm curious to find out if anyone knows will 225/45/18 fit with my setup okay. I would like just a tad bit more rubber then the 40 series I have now, the pavement here in IL is not the greatest in the world to say the least, nothing compared to CA.

·
Registered
16 Posts
with 225/45/18 you should be fine since you are only increasing the height of the tire wall...but if you were to increase the width of the tire (235/40/18) then you might run into the chance of rubbing against your fenders.

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
how about this., figure out the increased diamter from the oem size, and then just use your head. im guessing increasing your diameter by .6 inches willl nto cause you to rub.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts