Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have some feedback on factory size tires replacement tiresfor the 6-speed coupe? Preferably a good all-season geared for performance

the size is 215/50/17

the michilens from the factory didnt grip well (i think they're touring tires).

the next set i bought where a set of cheap Falken's (due to lack of funds) that wore very quickly and had a weak sidewall. i can feel that loose roll feeling when i turn sharp.

i've heard good things about the michelin pilot exaulto a/s, but any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks everyone!

·
- Leo
992 Posts
From previous cars and tire experiences i like Khumos and currently i have Sumitomos. Also, go with a wider tire, 225/45/17. Thats just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I used the Toyo Proxes TPT's and they were great, they are the same size tire as stock michilins and same speed rating, they lasted 65000 miles they are all weather and I didn't have grip issues, I live in OH so we get alot of snow and when they were brand new they worked really well in the winter I liked them so much that I just put a second set on my car a few months ago. I would look into it they guy that put them on for me got them at a decent price I don't remember exactly what the total was but I think it was worth it....

·
I feel da need 4 6-speeds
2,313 Posts
I really like the Bridgestone RE960AS Pole Positions. I have the 225/40/18 rubber on my 18x7.5 wheels. The first thing you will notice about these tires is how quiet they ride. They are excellent all-season tires. Check out www.tirerack.com for reviews.

·
I feel da need 4 6-speeds
2,313 Posts
I put 225/50/17 when I had my TSW Catalunyas. The wheels were 42 offset. They rubbed. I'm thinking 225's on the stock 17 wheels will not rub because the offset is probably in the 50 range.

·
you gotta rub to dub!
1,126 Posts
Im fond of the Falken Ziex tires and Yokohama tires.
Next to those I would go Kumho. They're nicely priced and they have good performance (grip and treadwear)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Kumhos are great tires. I have them on both of my work trucks plus I had them on my Subaru and they were great. You have to love the prices too.tirerack.com I've bought from them for at least 16 years. Later and good luck to you!

·
335i coupe
654 Posts
SSR Comp C and Volks (tirerack). Good looks and light weight

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
will the wider tire still fit the factory 17" wheel though?
yes. I have a set of 225/50/17's lined up to replace the 215/50/17's. both sets are michelin mxm4's... couldnt beat a set of new tires for $350... couldnt complain with the performance of the mxm4's so I guess Im not too picky.

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
if you are looking for really good tires and money isnt an issue then check out the michilen pilot sport ps2's they are rated at the top on tire rack. my friend has them on his bmw and said they are the best performance tires he has ever had. i will be putting them on my car very soon as well. check them out on tire rack for more info.

·
Registered
41 Posts
yeah the stock tires slip n slide like theres no tomorrow. I cant get a good grip on turns/launches/anything.

where was the link for the tire/wheel well calculator? I want to fit some wide tires up in front once and for all.

·
Registered
255 Posts
225/45/17 BF Goodrich G-ForceT/A KDW-2 , AA traction, A temp, 320 treadwear, V-speed rated, great looks, good price, VERY good handling, wet or dry.
Absolutely the very best tires I have ever owned.
Check out the tire reviews on Tire Rack.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts