Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
4,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wanted to know wats the best way to take it off...i think my 3m tape is really sticky/attached to the headlights and i don't wanna 'break' the CF eyelid...do i take it off with hairblower? or just try goo gone and 'chisel' it out carefully

any suggestions?? cheers

reason: i plan to get the black TYC projectors and put the eyelids there :)

·
NVR 4GTN
594 Posts
I just pulled them off of the headlights i bought. But then you have to scrape all of the 3M tape off. Thats the only way I know how to do it .. It wasn't too hard but someone else might have a better idea. Good luck to ya.

·
Unregistered User
459 Posts
Use a heat gun or hair dryer to heat it up first. It'll come off much easier. Then you'll have to use Goo Gone or something to clean off the remaining residue.

·
Banned
4,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cheers! i'll just have to wait till the weather warms up! its been hella COLD up in TO these days.... -30celcius at nitetime!!! (factor in the windchill)

·
Registered
812 Posts
Take a piece of fishing line about 1ft long an wrap in around your index finger an both hands, put it behind the eyelid an break the seal by dragging underneath the 3m tape, itll cut like butter

·
Formerly VTEC-v6!
5,254 Posts
kleptodathief said:
cheers! i'll just have to wait till the weather warms up! its been hella COLD up in TO these days.... -30celcius at nitetime!!! (factor in the windchill)
What is the "REAL" temperature there? :cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts