Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know there isnt much aftermarket support for our v6 accords but what does everyone think the bet ways to increase hp/tq/response on my 6spd 03' accord coupe are? it already has an aem intake on it, i want to get the torque and hp up to 250, is that possible? also what can i do to regain any lost hp over the years? advise is much appreciated!:)

·
-Maninder
3,962 Posts
To revive some dead horses you can use seafoam, which can be found at almost any auto store.

As for torque, it's a Honda..

If you really are serious about power you can always supercharge it or do a full engine swap. Bolt ons don't really help much.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
How much are you looking to spend. This would be a good place to start. Also is this a daily driver? What are you looking to gain out of it? Once these are answered then I think we can best help you.

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
get a set of crank pulley. I am doing a TW for them. If I get enough interest I will go through with it

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah it is a dd, i was thinking maybe put a grand into it, and eventually another g on some coilovers. i dont want to spend a bunch on a new exhaust right now but i do want to get some bigger sound out of it, can i remove any part of the exhaust to get it rumbling a bit more? i havent even looked at it yet i just bought the car saturday.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
ok with that being said start with a Jpipe and test pipe since your looking to get best bang for your buck get richies jpipe and test pipe or race pipe for a tad louder sound. Get a lightweight crank pulley with a new belt. I would start with that for now and see how you like it and what direction you want to go. I might be selling my bored throttle body which I feel added a little gain a high rpms. Also how many miles are on the car? You may want to take apart the intake manifold and clean it all up and then change spark plugs. Also check the valve adjustment if that was never done.

·
frumaroll
2,048 Posts
cold air

·
Registered
8,737 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
already got it, unless you mean something like this under the hood

I would seafoam it and that should be it. If you were local I wouldnt mind helping you on some other stuff but I live near Philadelphia PA.
what kind of other stuff, i am actually driving out that way on the weekend of the 1st of august

seafoam would be a good start. I just seafoam my friend car today and damn sooo much smoke it had 80k miles on it.

If you need pulley let me know I am gaining interest in the pulley for the v6 people.

http://www.v6performance.net/forums/showthread.php?t=196445
I would be interested in that, i wonder what it takes to make these pulleys, a friend of the family is a master machinist, and has all the equipment necessary maybe i could figure it out and have him make a bunch cheaper!

·
Registered
177 Posts
i have 260 hp and these are all the thing that i have done

aem v2 cai
ported and polished runners,intake spacer,and intake plentom
rv6 pre cat delets
rv6 j pipe
tl type s cat back
ur crank pully
coolant bye pass mode
samco cooling hoses
sea foam 3 times

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
well let me know if you are. I am going to order them by the end of this week.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts