Accord V6 Forum banner

Better throttle response ?

6K views 29 replies 13 participants last post by  06coupe 
#1 ·
Hey folks,

New here to the thread and just posted up 10 times to get started on new threads. I have on 06 coupe v6 auto trans as well as an 06 350z auto trans.

My question is if there is anyway to get a better throttle response on the accord that is similar to the 350z. I dont know if most of you have driven a Z but for those that have you will know what I mean. For those that havent, it is a must to try. Just wanted to see if there is anything that I can do to achieve that feel on the accord with out dropping a turbo or a supercharger. would and intake and exhuast make a difference, and if so would it sound ok with the auto trans?

Thanks in advanced and this is a great site! cant wait to show you what i have planned for this ride. First honda and lovin it! :D

#4 ·
Blitz makes a throttle controller for some DBW cars already, one of them being scoobys, I recently did a STI converstion on a 05 Legacy GT and looking closely at the TB it a duplicate of ours other than the bore being a little smaller, I have been thinking about getting one of these controllers and figuring out the wiring differences betweent he two vehicles to make it work.

#5 ·
Slam2003 thanks for that info. since you have them on your ride, do you feel a difference on the response with the auto trans? I thought about doing all that but i dont want it to sound too loud. I was reading about the pipe that hondaisim had and that sounded great! but I probably need to ask him what hes running.

What is a CAI again? (got so many acranims in my head cant make it out)

#12 ·
Well! I wouldnt want to ruin the surprize but there are a few good looking rides on this site. also, there are some wicked machines that can blow you away. I dont plan to do nothing crazy as it is my daily driver and from time to time i allow my wife to drive it but, a nice stance with some nice shoes and get the 3.0 beefed up for the summer time for all the ladies... Just kidding, I just want it to have more ummph on the line and have a better throttle response when in motion to get out of situations that i can sometimes get myself into. thats it...

Will definately post pix when in progress

#14 ·
I know exactly what you mean, I own a 06 accord auto and I have driven an auto Z, that thing just hooks, where it seems that our computer takes a second to realize that the pedal is all the way down. Besides the throttle controller that NVA was talking about, I don't know how much the performance mods will increase your throttle response. The only product that I am aware of that even says "improves throttle response" is the grounding kit, such as the apexi. I don't own one yet, but would anyone on here that has one care to comment?

#15 ·
Grounding Kit = Better throttle response, meh, the biggie thing with grounding kits is to get a good 4ga connection between the case/upper mounting bolt for the alternator and the chassis and the two main harness grounds (one near the thermostat under the throttle body and the other on the engine lift point near the passenger side of the intake) to the chassis.

#17 ·
Technically, wouldn't an SRI improve throttle response? I know with the RSX, it gave less power gains vs. a CAI, but gave better throttle response.

Also, I felt that the j-pipe improved throttle response. Not instantaneous, but I think the main problem that you're seeing when you compare it to the 350Z is that we don't make a lot of torque down low so when you punch it at low rpms, it takes awhile for our power to really kick in, whereas the 350Z has good low-end torque and thus, probably reacts a lot better when you hit it at low rpms. I dunno, that's just my opinion on the whole issue...

#18 ·
I could be wrong, but I modded my car and have felt a difference by the car pulling harder. I've driven a 6 speed and my auto. Granted my auto makes less to the ground then the 6 speen but when I power shifted it just hooked and took-off. Even with all of my mods it takes the computer a second to take off. The only 2 auto's that I have ever driven that does not do that is the Z and a mercedes 500. They just hook. I believe this is what 06coupe is referring to. Is there a way to improve this?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.