Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
I don't think it will. Whats wrong with your current setup? Personally Id go with a flowmaster and dual exaust :naughty:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bored&stroked said:
Whats wrong with your current setup? Personally Id go with a flowmaster and dual exaust :naughty:
My current setup is sweet and all (having a K&N CAI adds to the sound also ;) ) But I want louder. I can't really afford dual flowmasters. This guy at DI.net is offering a group buy for 2nd gen Intrepids at www.trubends.com (I think that is his site) Those exhausts look tight. But for $300 +. I don't know.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
For your application [if it were me] Id get a single flowmaster [$90 for a 40 series, those are really loud though] and weld it up under the car towards the front. Id get a flow with dual outlets, and run dual pipe from the muffler back exiting on each side. Whatever you decide, good luck!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bored&stroked said:
For your application [if it were me] Id get a single flowmaster [$90 for a 40 series, those are really loud though] and weld it up under the car towards the front. Id get a flow with dual outlets, and run dual pipe from the muffler back exiting on each side. Whatever you decide, good luck!
Thanks... I did get my flowmaster catalog in the mail today. :winkgrin:

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have a OBX Titanium muffler w/4" tip :D I love how it sounds, really deep and loud, here's a picture of it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've never really liked the sound of flows on V6's, I've heard many on 3.8L GM's, and they sound like ass.
I've heard borla, and dynomax on cars like mine, and they sound pretty sweet(not the extremely loud ones)

Are you going for sound, or performance?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I would go with a small glass pack.... and of course a high flow cat..... or punch yours out :-}. That is the best way to go and its cheap. i had a flowmaster on my V6, then went to the glass pack. I will never spend the big bux again for the Flows..... now on my trans am, thats a different story.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
dont punch holes in your cat...that is rice

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
PSDPimp said:
Are you going for sound, or performance?
Hmmmm... tough choice.... honestly: both. :D
Over at DI.net... I am known as the "Owner of the Riced out Intrepid" (Boy do those guys flame me for loving OBX products! :furious: ) Nonetheless: I don't think that right now I can afford duals.
Here is my dream setup to give u folks a general idea:
Aftermarket High Flow Cat & The pic of the OBX muffler from the above (ZE Power MX6's). I just want to know with those two things; how my car will sound. It sucks cause I don't want to be a guinea pig. What if it sounds stupid? Then I'm f****d. And 99% of the Intrepids over here are all stock. With the exception of the R/T with the TRUE Ram Air, K&N CAI, Dual flowmasters, and the Showcars Bodykit. But he's a stuck up fool anyways. :rolleyes:
If u guys need more info or whatever drop me a line. :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
I would go with the high flow cat: 60 bux or so and a small glass pack: 15 bux. if you want duals just split it after the pack. Unless you have headers it probly wont make much since to pay for real duals. I can tell you that this setup sounds great on my Monte Carlo.... but my V6 came stock with a roller cam setup. Im not a MOPAR man, so im not sure how exhaust friendly your cam is.

I know a guy with an Intrepid up here with a fart can and a spoiler *MOPAR fans cry :-(* and it looks bad and sounds worse.

Thats my 2 cents, good luck.

·
The One&Only!
337 Posts
I just had a MagnaFlow put on my V6 Cougar and it doesn't sound too bad all. I'll trip to get some vid this weekend and send you the clip if you like.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Id advise againts glasspack mufflers. The packing wears out and the sound gets worse and worse. Plus I've had a friend melt the glasspack out from the car convertor, no good.

Midnight- punching out the convertro is not rice. I have high flow cats on my 79 c10 that I cant stop melting down, so Im punching them out and not worrying about it :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Crombie: I have a high-flow cat also, I did the whole setup at once, catco high-flow cat, custom mandrel bent 2.5" SS exhaust, and that OBX muffler, sounds nice and deep (that's the reason I pick OBX, they well known with their deep tone, but not too loud), I can't get a sound clip now cuz I don't have my car with me at skoo. But my bro told me that, with that deep tone on the exhaust, he can hear me like a block away.

I got that muffler on ebay from a seller name "tuning-depot" for $140 shipped, it's light full titanium :D but I don't know if he's still selling them, if not, try this one, I think this muffler is pretty good too.

APEXi Titanium muffler

And OBX is not rice, they have a deep tone and not loud like those rice burner. They have nice products and well known

·
Chicago Moderator
865 Posts
It looks kinda wierd when domestics put on these import exhausts.

Saw a grand am with Apexi N1 and it just looked funny. i say stick with what domestics use which is usually borla i think and definatly flowmasters.

However i like that side exicting exhaust on that cougar. Is that custom? maybe i shoudl do that on my accord sedan and do duals.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts