Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car smashed up on 880N sunday the 24th.... The Tow person says that the frame may be bent and should be marked as totaled. However, my insurance is saying that without even seeing the car that they don't believe it is totaled (Based on questions like can you open the doors-Y, did it flp over-N, does the engine start-NotSure). In any event, the car is finally being moved from the tow yard in Hayward to Premier Body Shop in Santa Clara. From there they will asses it from there?

I'm concerned that my insurance does not care if the car is totaled or not and wants to spend the least amount as possible to fix it. I have expressed that the car was in a high impact collision (hit dividing wall at app 70 something) and car swerved all fives lanes and hit by on comming car in process. Chances are the car, if repaired will not be anything close to pre-accident condition.

Any suggestions on how to handle this situation with the Insurance, etc?

Thanks,

h.bubble (04 V6speed)

·
Old Member
8,915 Posts
same thing happened to my moms car, they need to take out all the panels to look at the car to see if theres any other damages done, then they will go from there.

·
I Jumped Off Da Bandwagon
2,204 Posts
The front frame isn't just bent, it's split in half! If that frame is attached to the rest of the whole car i think that would be considered totalled. Sounds like a nasty accident, glad you're alright!

·
Smooth as Silk
345 Posts
What insurance co do you have?

Not quite sure how you're going to take a non-total to a total unless there are some other frame damages not easily visible.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
I Jumped Off Da Bandwagon
2,204 Posts
I thought it broke off in 2 pcs, it seems like it can be welded back together. And replace some parts i think it'll be fine.

·
Smooth as Silk
345 Posts
You may not want to hear me say it, but that is not a total.

But please be thankful that you were not harmed in anyway.

Just last week, I saw a woman smash into the back of a stopped semi on 94N here in IL. She was doing about 35 (traffic was stopped or creeping) while she was passed out and smashed right into the back of this truck. I could not just pass the incident - looked too bad! So I pulled over, as I thought she was dead. I get out of my car and the woman is up, hysterically crying and coughing all while telling someone on her cell phone what happened. Here's the kicker, she was driving an 02 Camry, hood was completely flung over the roof of the car, bumper was under the car, engine was sitting on the ground, fluid everywhere, glass everywhere - including her face, arms, hands, and on the top of her head... NO AIRBAG DEPLOYED. So, not only did she cause accidents around her, startle the truck driver, and piss off/scare everyone around, she still may make out by suing Toyota... Shortly after the cops arrived, she fainted and the police could not wake her up, an ambulance came and rushed her off to the hospital...

I am glad you are alright!

·
the tooth
307 Posts
looking at those few pictures, that's not even close to being totaled. I've seen cars damaged to a more severe degree and not be titled as being totalled. Your car can easily be fixed.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone, yeah I think my girlfriend and I are okay... We may only now be starting to feel the soreness from the whiplash and stuff. The dog "Thunder" is my girlfriend's.... and just for the record my girl is down for me through all this... she's fighting hella hard to get my car fixed correctly and making sure that we aren't forced into anything that we shouldn't be with the insurance, etc.

As far as the repair of the car... I just want to be confident that if they do chose to fix the car that it will be done to a body shop's best ability not based off of saving money. That may only be in a utopian society but I can still hope for that.

Do you know if they are gonna cover my wheels and tires if any damage was done?

OwAce said:
btw i like your dog a lot.

good to know you are ok.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Heading 880N sunday @ app 530pm in the middle lane going 70ish... White Caddy Sedan or similar merges in from my right side and clips the front right bumper of my car I guess also pushing the finder into my tire... i loose control and then am pushed into the left lane where I swerve and get hit by an a car on the front left bumper... I loose complete control and hit the dividing wall front first and then back left bumper hits the wall... car then slides accross all 5 lanes to right shoulder...

White Caddy did not stop and left the scene. Car that hit me pulled over and was taken to the hospital cause he had neck pain.

Hongda said:
Just curious, what caused the accident in the first place?

·
St. Louis!
3,378 Posts
Go to the scrap yard and save your wheels if they're going to total it. But they're right, it doesnt look like a total. Just bad, hopefully you can get some cash on the side.

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
dang that looks pretty bad to me... good thing your ok. and i remember looking at your car a while back and thinking it looked hella good... good luck w/ everything.

H.Bubble.V6 said:
Do you know if they are gonna cover my wheels and tires if any damage was done?
i heard once that you have to pay extra for the insurance co. to cover your aftermarket stuff... or else they will just pay the expense to get you some OEM wheels...

·
St. Louis!
3,378 Posts
Are yours ruined? I could'nt tell. You can always swap em out with your original oem wheels at the junkyard before insurance even sees them.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts