Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to black out my tail lights, accord 2door, would it be better to tint them with film...or spray tint them???

let me know.

·
Registered
448 Posts
akkord99 said:
i want to black out my tail lights, accord 2door, would it be better to tint them with film...or spray tint them???

let me know.
I think each way has its advantages and disadvantages

IMO spray tint I think is better if done right because you won't have a edge on the taillights like you would with the film. But the spray is harder to do right and it can't easily be removed like you can with the film.

film www.lamin-x.com

spray .... vht nightshades

·
4 bangin'
2,277 Posts
i used the nite shades stuff on my sedan....good stuff, and all i did was clean off the parts i sprayed with an alcohol wipe, and didnt sand or anything. i think you can remove this stuff pretty easily with laquor thinner too, not sure tho, and im not gonna test it cuz i just did it, haha. i did use clear either. check em out

http://www.v6performance.net/forums/showthread.php?t=68702

also, i think tint film is harder to use cuz you have to get it to fit the curves and stuff of the light, and we tried it on my friends jetta, and it sucked, haha, it was so hard to get it to fit the curves.......but you have a coupe, so you dont have to deal with multiple curves in one spot. i would have to say use the spray tho, its a lot more easier and you can tint it as light or dark as you want.

·
4 bangin'
2,277 Posts
20accord02v6 said:
what did he use patio screen for?
so the black wouldnt get all entirely over it, since he used actual paint. there are tons of ways to tint your tails, i would say tint film and spray tint are the easiest tho, and spray tint is the easiest of those 2.

·
i<3 S.E.S & Eugene Kim
3,589 Posts
night shade is about teh best stuff u can use for a non-professional job [DIY]

but i suggest u get it professionally done. do it right teh first time.......

lol ive smoked my tails about 5 times already.....hahah should have gotten it professionaly done the first time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts