Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone gotten a replica OEM wing off ebay for their Nighthawk black car? If you did and think the paint matched perfect and fit perfect, can you tell me who you got it from on there?
I don't want spoilerdepot, their feedback is horrible.

Yes I did a search, didn't see much.

Thanks!
Ashley

·
vroom vroom
726 Posts
I've been selling replica wings for over a year now and I from experience, the matching all depends on the shop you go to. I've seen some really nice paint jobs and some really lousy ones. As long as you get it painted at a good shop, it'll match flawlessly. These paints actually exceed OEM paint in quality. :)

Also, when buying unpainted fiberglass parts, try to buy ones that are already premiered, it makes painting much easier for the body shops. :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks ct! However, I'll probably just get one prepainted if someone could recommend a good dealer on ebay. Theres one from "trimking1" that seems pretty reputable. But I'd like to hear from someone with experience preferably with black. Doesn't matter from where really.
I'd get an unpainted one, but I don't know of a body shop around here that does that. Plus I don't know what they'd charge. So I'd be better off just buying one painted and throwing it on the car myself. Hopefully someone can chime in!

·
vroom vroom
726 Posts
If you want pre-painted I would recomend going with Handaaccessories.com but unless you are absolutely confident; I would recomend getting it installed by a pro. (You don't want to be making mistakes when drilling holes!) :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm sure we can install it ourselves. I just need to know if anyone has purchased a black one off ebay and the results.

·
I'm Rick James B*tch
300 Posts
go steal one

·
Registered
52 Posts

·
147 Posts
i think the only differences are that the replicas probably have less quality or less coats of paint or protectant and the "accord" logo isnt engraved on the bottom of the spoiler. i think they also make some w/o the brake light

·
vroom vroom
726 Posts
lotsill said:

Expert/novice question
Can you really tell the different between and OEM and replica spoiler?

Thanks
It depends on the manufacturer of the replica spoiler. :cool:

·
Registered
873 Posts
Yea, the real one says "Accord" under it, :)

And install is easy, I put mine on in less then an hour... Just have some touchup pait to put around the holes, and wash your car afterwords to get all the metal off or it will rust on the paint.

You will need someone to help you during the spring install, which is something else you get with the OEM one and not the wana be ones.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts