Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im gonna black out my headlights over spring break does anyone know what paint,and the temperature to heat the lights in the oven for? i really do not want to use a heat gun. p.s if you know how to take the bumper and headlights off that would help a lot too thank you!-john

·
Registered
805 Posts
look in the Regional Chapter for Nothern California. I posted a thread asking for people to blackout my headlights and some guy gave me directions. It seems fairly simple. Check it out. Hope that helps

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
People commonly use 350F. I think it's a better idea to preheat to 350-400, turn it off, then stick the housing in there. That way, theres no risk of forgetting or accidentally melting it.

·
My Third Accord!
841 Posts
dont forget to take into account the differences if you are doing high altitude cooking!

·
Going back to my roots.
305 Posts
350-400??

damn, i have done two sets of these....225 for 10-15 minutes to get them apart.....350-400 seems a lil too high

·
Registered
255 Posts
375 is perfect, I've done this at least 4 times already. MAKE SURE TO TURN OFF THE OVEN BEFORE YOU PUT THE LIGHTS IN! I cant emphasize that enough. Someone will surely put them in with the oven on and then you'll get a nice little plastic deformation due to the heat.

·
4 bangin'
2,277 Posts
when i first did mine i had it at 200*f in the oven. i later on bought a heat gun because it MUCH more safer to use then an oven, you dont really have the chance to melt anything.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I did mine with heat gun as well... Don't have to worry about what temp or how long I keep it in the oven.. As per paint, use high temp paint

1 - 9 of 9 Posts