Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
ExSlammed Club Member #52
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got done putting my oem blackhouse headlights on. I have been wanting some for soo long now. I just thought Id post a few pictures to see what you guys thought about them. I also went to walmart last night and bought some window tint. I decided I would try to diy tint the pink portion of my oem taillights. They are not perfect, but I think they look ok. Do you all think I should keep my red/clear or put these tinted tails on my car? Let me know what you guys think of the headlights and the taillights. Thanks for looking. :)

Before with black tyc's.

After with blackhoused oem lights

BTW: the tycs are forsale in the forsale forums.

Here are my red/clear taillights

OEM tinted taillights

What do you guys think? Should I keep the red/clears on my car, or should I put these tinted tails on? Thanks guys. :)

·
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I could try it I guess. What % tint should I buy? I bought the 35% for the other tails. I dont know if a darker tint would look better or not. (or if its legal)

·
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here are some pics of my blackhoused lights at night.

I guess Id hate to be an oncoming driver at night time. :D . Sorry in advance if you pass me and my lights blind you.

·
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Broken Angel said:
Rofl thanks budday. O by the way you need a retro your stuff is bright :D
Yeah I know I need to buy the retro you are selling, but Id rather have new wheels first. :)

My HID kit is the McCulloch 8000k.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Nice one, but wheres my props for reading your thread?!! ;)

on a rating of difficulty from 1 to 10, with 10 being impossible, how would you rate it?

i wanna do this myself but i'm afraid to screw things up... :(

·
Banned
4,655 Posts
a99: ur hids look very blue! have u ever been stop by the popos?

hows the lite output on those...can't b better then stock amber bulbs?

·
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would rate blackhousing your headlights about a 3 on a scale of 1 to 10 if 1 is the easiest. The light output is just goes everywhere. When I had the tyc's, the light was a little more concentrated. No, I havent been stopped by the popos because of my lights. :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Headlights look so much better than they tyc's. I'm not a big fan of tinting tailights though, especially just the top. Looks like it was done well though.

·
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
talontsiawd said:
Headlights look so much better than they tyc's. I'm not a big fan of tinting tailights though, especially just the top. Looks like it was done well though.
Yeah, I like my oem blackhoused lights a lot better than the tycs. The tinted tail's were just a project I would try to do and see how it turned out. I guess it went well. Thanks for the comments. :)

·
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
akkord99 said:
How much were the OEM blackhouse?? i want them for my 99 accord coupe.
I know someone around here that has some black housings for sale, then all you would have to do is replace the chrome ones in your oem headlights. Pm me if you are interested. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts