Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I've stalked this form for a while now looking for an answer to the question: what will I need to swap a j35 into my 2006 6mt sedan? I've pieced together a rough sort of list but I'm not all to sure what I'll need. As the story goes, my j30a5 developed some pretty nasty knock from the rear head. While I could replace the head, this engine is leaking oil from just about every seem possible(rear main seal, both valve covers, oil pan). It's got 170k and I feel it's time for something I can take the time to refresh. I've seen the prices for j35s out of pilots/ridgelines and odysseys are fairly low, especially compared to their other j series brothers. I'm wondering if I can just drop in a j35, plug in the harness and rip? Is the harness going to be compatible? Will the ecu handle the new engine? I'm pretty sure it'll just bolt straight up to the 6mt, as the bolt locations look the same. The engines look to be the same size other than the added height from the intake manifold spacer on the truck j35s. Any help would be massively appreciated. If anyone has done this swap before please let me know. I love my 6 6 to death and I'm aching to drive it again. I'm also trying to do this on as little a budget as possible, as I don't have the funds or available time to go out and buy a standalone, drive 6 hours to a tuner and spend a day and a half waiting for a half baked tune that falls apart at WOT, just because I want to.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts