Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone do the Honda Factory Blue LED Ambient lighting to thier accord? I've heard mixed reviews, like it sucks and the led does not flood well, just spot lights the floor (not like the brochure). Interested if anyone can take a pic or offer their 2 cents?

·
Registered
212 Posts
if your talking about the little blue light around the homelink and sunroof controller and whatnot, its okay, not that bright at all, could be brighter though haha, but meh, i like it, if your talking about LED's and whatnot, look at my "Custom Intake" youll see one in my grill! =D going to change it to red though, like it more

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay, I bit the bullet and bought the kit.....guess I'll be the guinee pig. Will get to it later this month.

·
Banned
654 Posts
look on my thread titled custom interior finished. i have night shots of white led's that are angled on the front floor. i'm thinking of doing some led's in the doors today

·
Registered
1 Posts
a customer has installed them at my store, they are ok. but would prefer if they did light up a little more esp when you have black carpet

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's done, took me a while to route the cable under the steering wheel box because it's tight in there with the new harness but overall the look is okay. Not as nice as the pictures show in the accessories manual for the Accord but I still like it. It's sudle enought that it doesn't blind you but a nice touch overall. not bad for $80 ish from College Hills Honda. I'll post some pic's tonight when it gets dark. Note that if you have the EX-L you will have the lower insulator covers that allow you to easily install the lights to them plus they reflect the light better than the provided metal clips. If you don't have the EX-L then i would purchase the driver and passanger insulator covers for better results. Parts are here:

Drivers:
http://www.collegehillshonda.com/storeart/8thgenaccsedan/77323-ta6-a01.jpg

Passengers:
http://www.collegehillshonda.com/storeart/8thgenaccsedan/passengerinsulator.jpg

Root link for parts and video clip on how to install:
http://www.collegehillshonda.com/honda_accord_2dr_accessories/08_09_accord_interior.htm

·
Registered
2 Posts
It looks pretty nice .. not too bright but very noticeable at night .. looks awesome if you're wearing white shoes ;)

I was going to link to some pics of my blue lighting scheme but apparently I need 10 posts to be able to do that :smack:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I put mine in yesterday, light up the floor good if its dark, not too bright, Im happy with them.
also did an LED tag light, big improvement!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Important Secret for custom LED installs

Where ever you are replacing LED's or anything of that sort, i would suggest sanding the LED's to very close to their light emitting part, check out some pics and you'll get the idea of what i mean, And what that does is it makes your spot light LED's become sort of like a wide angle surface mount LEDs, Or you can just buy surface mount LED's but they are never as powerful or the right amount of MCD needed for some installs. So guys hope u enjoy this lil secret and have fun loving all your LED installs from here on!!! I promise u you will be astonished with the results!!
ESPECIALLY YOU GUYS THAT ARE DOING MOOD LIGHTING LED'S!!!!!

INCASE YOU'RE WONDERING, THE LAST PICTURE ALL THE WAY ON THE BOTTOM IS A STRIP OF CIRCUIT BOARD WITH A SERIES OF FLAT SANDED LED'S AND YOU CAN SEE HOW THERE ARE NO HOT SPOTS OF THE LIGHT ON THE SHEET OF PAPER!
You guys bettr kiss my azz fo dis one! HaaH kidding... Hav fun using this on ALLLLL your LED mods.:cheers:

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have a black on black 08 honda accord and i have the LED light in the front an in the back an i have them hooked up to my dome light! very clean!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey guys, sorry haven't got around to posting a pic. Too lazy to bust out the tripod and get a good nightshot. However, having driven around with it a while I really like it. Worth the money to me.

·
Registered
116 Posts
It's done, took me a while to route the cable under the steering wheel box because it's tight in there with the new harness but overall the look is okay. Not as nice as the pictures show in the accessories manual for the Accord but I still like it. It's sudle enought that it doesn't blind you but a nice touch overall. not bad for $80 ish from College Hills Honda. I'll post some pic's tonight when it gets dark. Note that if you have the EX-L you will have the lower insulator covers that allow you to easily install the lights to them plus they reflect the light better than the provided metal clips. If you don't have the EX-L then i would purchase the driver and passanger insulator covers for better results. Parts are here:

Drivers:
http://www.collegehillshonda.com/storeart/8thgenaccsedan/77323-ta6-a01.jpg

Passengers:
http://www.collegehillshonda.com/storeart/8thgenaccsedan/passengerinsulator.jpg

Root link for parts and video clip on how to install:
http://www.collegehillshonda.com/honda_accord_2dr_accessories/08_09_accord_interior.htm
You might be surprised to know that 'sudle' actually includes a 't' and a 'b'. It's very subtle. Also, it seems kind of tacky, but to each their own.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You might be surprised to know that 'sudle' actually includes a 't' and a 'b'. It's very subtle. Also, it seems kind of tacky, but to each their own.
You're absolutley right, who the heck cares about perfect spelling on a forum anyway! sheesh. But, to each their own.

·
Registered
116 Posts
You're absolutley right, who the heck cares about perfect spelling on a forum anyway! sheesh. But, to each their own.
Just giving you a hard time :)

As for the ambient lighting mod, it probably won't be quite as advertised. Honestly, I'd just go with some cc's and wire them up to the door lights. Brighter, and a no spotlight effect.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts