Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
MARTIN
1,411 Posts
does it consume a lot of engergy..or electricity from the battery to be running that bright? I was interested in this set-up a few months ago, but i heard that the L.E.D.'s put more pressure on your alternator and it might drain your battery...any counter arguements? thanks for any info!

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
i think ive heard that LEDs put out less power or the same amount of power as the stock lights in the climate controls... its all about getting the right resistor on the LED... but the kits come with the correct resistors so you dont need to worry about battery drainage or anything like that

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i'm selling the entire manual climate control unit which has been modified with blue LED's.

LED's use less power than normal bulbs.. i wouldn't be worried about draining your battery because you have this mod

·
Registered
662 Posts
would you just sell me the control knobs? im assuming the person who purchases this already, would already have theirs intact, one of mines is broken, let me know, they go for like $12-15 new on ebay, id pay like $10 shipped.

·
I hate my Ford
664 Posts
u guys should check out LEDautomotive.com
he has all the bulbs needed there...my whole setup cost about 75 bucks plus its somewhat a pain to do especially if uve never soldered b4

great deal here, especially since the hard work is already done

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
RKV said:
would you just sell me the control knobs? im assuming the person who purchases this already, would already have theirs intact, one of mines is broken, let me know, they go for like $12-15 new on ebay, id pay like $10 shipped.

no i would rather sell it all us one in case the buyer actually wants the knobs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts