Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always liked the look of bmw or audi mirrors. They have that blue tinted glass that cuts down on glare. Does anyone know where to get a blue mirror film to aply to the mirror?

·
7yr / 120K
955 Posts
I was just thinking the same thing the other day. I miss the mirrors on my A4. I made a huge difference and was nice to look through. If you find the film you could also apply it to the windows to get the MB look.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wonder if you could use blue window tint. How do you think the visibilty would be?

·
14.58 =Quickest Gen7 auto
3,545 Posts
Are you guys talking about the inside mirror, or the outside mirrors? :gotme:

·
Registered
365 Posts
hmmm I wonder if those ghetto tint shops have them. The ones that do that black-to-mirror type of tints on oldsmobiles and stuff. Might go and see if they do buy like a 50% in 2sq. ft.

·
Registered
365 Posts
outside side mirrors, I know for a fact that it works against high beams. I use to have a blue broadway mirror, but i gave it to my gf. I really works but i guess i can't use it anymore 5% back window works just fine for me.

·
PitchBlk, aka BigLou 7
1,844 Posts
i mean, having your side windows tinted, when they r up, work to dim highbeams in your side mirrors
and my autodim takes care of high beams in my rear-view mirror
just thought it would look kool with tinted side mirrors
i may get some light tint at Pep Boys and experiment

·
7yr / 120K
955 Posts
The blue tinted side mirrors aren't just to dim headlights at night. If you have ever used them, they are great. Makes everything sharper and crisp. It was like haveing really nice sunglasses on when you checked your mirrors. I got used to them on my A4 and now I have the Honda and wish I still had them. Oh BTW, the blue on mine was in the glass and not some sort of film.

·
Registered
365 Posts
well i guess a blue tint won't make it crisp then. I think what you are describing is a polarized lens. I don't think you can add the polarized feature just by using a tint.

·
Registered
439 Posts
There has to be an actual mirror that is smaller dimensionally then our mirrors. What about rigging it onto our mirrors? Not the housing, just the mirror part.

I may have to cruise the junkyard...

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
cant you just go to a glass place and get a blue tinted mirror cut to size? I know of people who replaced just the mirror that way but it wasnt tinted, i dont tsee a big difference if you want blue tinted glass :gotme:

·
Banned
5,093 Posts
are you guys sure that that thing is a tint, i though it was a special made glass.

·
PitchBlk, aka BigLou 7
1,844 Posts
we never said it was a tint
but we'd at least need the tint to achieve the look
i'm sure it isnt a tint, but treated glass, for those that have this feature OEM

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It is a blue glass not a tint I just wanted to see if there was a tint on the market. Also can you remove just the mirror. I figured it was glued on a plastic backing or something.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts