Discussion Starter #1
so i just got my check from the insurance. $800 to spend

i've been looking around for bodykits.

i like the rear bumper for ROJA
http://www.versusmotorsport.com/ver5/kits/honda/accord004.asp

not too fond of the front.

i was thinking of getting the kaminari front. but from their website
http://www.kaminari.com/products/03Accord.htm
it was on a sedan. will the sedan fit a coupe?

as for side skirt i'll wait till later on.

and as for paint. does anyone know a good paint shop in the san jose, bay area?

thanks alot to everyone.

·
Banned
45 Posts
Ok someone help me out here...I'm not trying to flame, but I'm showing my ignorance:

Is there any point to these kits other than looking cool? I'm a new 04 AV6 6sp Coupe owner....and I'm a long time Jeep owner (where clearance is top priority, aerodynamics and drag coefficient are non-existant).

I've already driven the nose of my wifes 03 Accord sedan into the street pulling out of a hillside parking lot, and I'm constantly worrying about scratching or breaking my coupe's front end. It seems to me these kits reduce ground clearance significantly.

Don't get me wrong, I think the change in looks is dramatic, but it doesn't seem worth the risk of breaking the front-end off on the dip in the road. Does it make a significant differance with drag and aerodynamics?

Insight is appreciated :cool:

·
7th Gen ACcord
3,671 Posts
^^^ well its all about personal opinions. some people like how kits look and and some dont. a body kit is usually just for show.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mux1 said:
Does it make a significant differance with drag and aerodynamics?
i think it really does. i dont know the numbers and the details. but the fact is it help.

http://www.f1nutter.com/tech/aero.php

Aerodynamic grip is the extra adhesion provided by the additional downforce created by airflow over and under the wings and, in the case of modern-era Indycars, Formula One cars, and prototype sports cars, the body itself. The cars in GPL produce no aerodynamic downforce and therefore have no aerodynamic grip.

http://www.insideracingtechnology.com/tech102drag.htm

Aerodynamic drag is the friction produced by traveling through the air. It increases as the square of the velocity, and is the primary limiting factor in the car's top speed on long straights. The cars in GPL each have a different amount of aerodynamic drag. See the Drag chart and table for more details.

with the newer cars (TL, TSX and the new lexus)
even the under side of the car are covered with plastic cover so the air would pass easier w/ less drag.

and some extreme tuner cut holes in the rear bumper to let out trap air. i dont' know the logic behind that but that's wat the purpose.

and with spoilers when the car is at high speed velocity. the car seem to rise above ground cause by lift. same logic behind airplane wings.

the spoiler push agaisnt the air and force the car down to the road and more grip on the tire.

*some tuner are too extreme into show and use too big and high spoiler look like their gonna take off =) or the double stack spoiler. look like a shopping cart.

so yeah. the body kit, the good one does help with aerodynamic. or just for a good show. i'm only trying to make it look nice =D

hope that answer it

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
some guy hit my car in a parking lot while he was trying to park. and then he took off. hit the front bumper crack it and mess up the paint. i guess he gas it into the parking spot too fast.

a witness saw it and got his plate for me. insurance send me a check.

so now i'm shopping for body kit =D
which body kit are you thinking about?

we don't have that much choices. i really like the ROJA but V6P peep are talking and negotiating with the manufacture for a good deal i guess. don't know how long. and i've been driving around w/ a busted front.

·
Vimal (vee-mall)
4,418 Posts
hey, what about that one kit that one of the norcal memebers had fitted on his car?

let me go see if i can find a pic, i really liked that kit.

ok, i found some...

these were from www.andysautosport.com

and it costs $799 for the full coupe kit... perfect! :p

here's the link to the C-Style kit (above) and the Roja kit if you're interested...
http://www.andysautosport.com/Bodykits/honda_03accord.html

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
KnightRyder

thanks for the info. i've been to that site before. apparently they have the cheapest ROJA price. i've seen their body kit but i still think the ROJA is better. especially the rear.
andy's company is based in milpitas so if i ever decide i can save on shipping and pick it up which is cool

Celestion thanks you too
the front look like the celica or rsx

·
somethingJDM.com
841 Posts
KnightRyder said:
hey, what about that one kit that one of the norcal memebers had fitted on his car?

let me go see if i can find a pic, i really liked that kit.

ok, i found some...

these were from www.andysautosport.com

and it costs $799 for the full coupe kit... perfect! :p

here's the link to the C-Style kit (above) and the Roja kit if you're interested...
http://www.andysautosport.com/Bodykits/honda_03accord.html
i liek teh c west front end but the back is :confused: . Looks like it has a ghetto booty

·
Nighthawk
68 Posts

The Razzi looks hot. Does anyone who has it have a problem with scraping because it looks very low. :D Does anyone scrape with the factory kit?

·
Registered
18 Posts
i wouldnt mind the Cstyle Front and side, but would the OEM or Ro_Ja rear go with the Cstyle kit or would it looked messed up?

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
but the Cstyle is on a SEDAN
will the front fit a coupe?

and the razzi is a lil too extreme for my taste. too many grills everywhere IMO

i think the kaminari's front look better than the Cstyle from andy's
it look alot like the mugen front with the lower air hole thing.

so AGAIN does anyone know if the kaminari or the Cstyle's front will fit a coupe?

thanks a lot again.

·
somethingJDM.com
841 Posts
avenger408 said:
but the Cstyle is on a SEDAN
will the front fit a coupe?

and the razzi is a lil too extreme for my taste. too many grills everywhere IMO

i think the kaminari's front look better than the Cstyle from andy's
it look alot like the mugen front with the lower air hole thing.

so AGAIN does anyone know if the kaminari or the Cstyle's front will fit a coupe?

thanks a lot again.
They make a cwest frontend for coupes, but the back like ugly. Thats why i said to cwest with a kaminari side skirt and back lip. I think that would like goood.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i think i've decided
i'm gonna go with the cwest front bumper

and the ROJA rear

does anyone know anywhere with a better price than
http://www.andysautosport.com?

now can some one help me out with a good paintshop in the san jose bay area?

thanks for all the help.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts