Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I acquired the finishing pieces for my 7th gen 6-6, right now the car has : 3.7 IM/TB, rv6 PCD, ATLP J pipe, magnaflow high flow resonator, PNP intake runners, smoothed air box with high flow filter, 91 Oct

(also have hybrid racing short shifter but that’s for the driver;) )

After installing all the bolt ons the car was not instantly faster I would say, It was much louder and sounds (in my opinion) amazing, I noticed gradually the car started to pull harder and driver smoother after a few days of driving and some fresh tanks of 91, took a few days to get the full effects ( the ecu needed to adjust for the higher flow) but now I can honestly say this car is plenty faster than when I got it.

i haven’t noticed a noticeable increase/decrease in mpg as of yet but that’s just from me eyeballing I haven’t tested,
And for anyone asking : is it worth it, I would say yes, it definitely makes a noticeable power difference and the sounds is 👌👌

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Recently I acquired the finishing pieces for my 7th gen 6-6, right now the car has : 3.7 IM/TB, rv6 PCD, ATLP J pipe, magnaflow high flow resonator, PNP intake runners, smoothed air box with high flow filter, 91 Oct

(also have hybrid racing short shifter but that’s for the driver;) )

After installing all the bolt ons the car was not instantly faster I would say, It was much louder and sounds (in my opinion) amazing, I noticed gradually the car started to pull harder and driver smoother after a few days of driving and some fresh tanks of 91, took a few days to get the full effects ( the ecu needed to adjust for the higher flow) but now I can honestly say this car is plenty faster than when I got it.

i haven’t noticed a noticeable increase/decrease in mpg as of yet but that’s just from me eyeballing I haven’t tested,
And for anyone asking : is it worth it, I would say yes, it definitely makes a noticeable power difference and the sounds is 👌👌
And I currently have no CEL if anyone was wondering.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So originally I did the butterfly delete for the manifold but last night decided to put the butterfly back in and connect it,

definitely prefer having the butterfly, the top end feels the same but has some more low end that I noticed,

just my 2 cents

·
Registered
2004 Honda Accord EX Coupe 6 - 6
6 Posts
3 Base pulls, at 102 degree weather.

J30A4
Open Intake ( no pipe)
J35Z ported manifold
P2R Throttle body adapter
J37 throttle body
1.6 inch Odyssey spacer on the runners
Still have OEM Precats
Full Stock OEM exhaust,
220.9 WHP 197 TQ numbers on a Dynojet

( Ignore the edit on the picture)

More importantly is how the powerband looks.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
3 Base pulls, at 102 degree weather.

J30A4
Open Intake ( no pipe)
J35Z ported manifold
P2R Throttle body adapter
J37 throttle body
1.6 inch Odyssey spacer on the runners
Still have OEM Precats
Full Stock OEM exhaust,
220.9 WHP 197 TQ numbers on a Dynojet

( Ignore the edit on the picture)

More importantly is how the powerband looks.
The stock precats and exhaust are probably withholding 25-50whp from you

1 - 12 of 12 Posts