Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
cunning linguist
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't fully worked out with this means (I am sure there are MANY on here with more Honda EMS experience that can help) but this seems to be the missing link in a 'budget' turbo/supercharger kit for the 7th gen V6.

The AEM system is a piggyback, but a pretty well engineered one. It goes for about $400.
http://www.aempower.com/ViewCategory.aspx?CategoryID=116

The Boomslang harness would be plug and play, and they say they can do it for $219 (I am sure lower if it were not a custom 'one off')

This would seemingly (at least for mild forced induction applications) take care of the engine management issues and avoid the e-manage costs/issues.

Has anyone tried this? Would this work?

·
J35 6Spd
6,107 Posts
keep a watch on paul's turbocharger kit build thread... he will possibly be looking into the AEM FI/C when the time comes

·
cunning linguist
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think the E-manage may be a more complete set-up (and certainly higher $$$) but the FI/C seems like it may just have everything we would need for F/I...

I am very curious to hear Paul's take though!

·
Adventure is out there!
2,941 Posts
I think the E-manage may be a more complete set-up (and certainly higher $$$) but the FI/C seems like it may just have everything we would need for F/I...

I am very curious to hear Paul's take though!
we originally had the emanage ultimate and we are sick of it! never again.. thats the only reason why i have the harness for that. This is why we are going with the F/IC, this is pretty much are last resort.

·
Registered
363 Posts
so far to date there has been two cars one accord and one tl that have run the aem fic they both had similar problems to the emanage ultimate from what I understand as far as it not being able to pick up the timing. So to date the best setup for tunning the accord or tl is the emanage ultimate and blue combo. as peter and sean?(not sure if he is done wiring or not) have done. I will also be doing this combo I guess till I hear more feed back on the aem fic

·
Adventure is out there!
2,941 Posts
so far to date there has been two cars one accord and one tl that have run the aem fic they both had similar problems to the emanage ultimate from what I understand as far as it not being able to pick up the timing. So to date the best setup for tunning the accord or tl is the emanage ultimate and blue combo. as peter and sean?(not sure if he is done wiring or not) have done. I will also be doing this combo I guess till I hear more feed back on the aem fic
Hey corbitt, i think paul can clear this up.. as soon as he wakes up!!!! He was telling me something regarding this but i can't remember.

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
There are a few different versions of the FIC, 2 of them specifically for Honda cam/crank sensors, do you know what version the two guys were using?

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
LOL, should I call you next time and wake you AZZ up? I have to get kids up and out the door for school as well as the wife to work, so I am up at 0530 and usually turnign a wrench by 0630, this is why I can't hang late like the rest of you kids....

·
Registered
363 Posts
sorry paul not sure what models they used, but a local shop is also haveing problems with the fic in the drive by wire s2k. if you find out different that it works i will be down to run it. but right now im just going to run the emanage ultimate/blue/comptech ecm.

·
NBP UA7
317 Posts
I mentioned this prior but why not run the AEM EMS, order a harness extension from boomslang, and splice into the harness with the parts you need from the ems... EMS as a piggyback ;-)

·
cunning linguist
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Besides the cost and extra complexity over the FI/C (that probably wouldn't be needed in most applications) I have seen a lot of people with gas guage problems with the EMS.

I am very curious to see Paul's impression if this is used in LT's car... I still think its the perfect budget solution (relatively speaking of course.)

·
Registered
37 Posts
back from the dead. so i take it FIC is a no go? is this specific to drive by wire setups only? I have an 03 Accord and am thinking of going FIC instead of using the Emanage Blue

1 - 19 of 19 Posts