Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
supercharged
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup guys,
I recently installed my Outlaw engineering Thermoblok intake manifold spacer and it looks like my boost went down. Normally at wot my boost guage would read 7.5-8psi. After the intake manifold spacer went in, the boost guage is reading 5.5-6. I recently got a dyno and my hp numbers have not dropped.

Has anyone noticed this same thing with the spacer and supercharger? Is it weird that I am getting the same numbers on the dyno with lower boost? Did I install the spacer incorrectly? It also looks like the vacuum increased also. If something was not put back right, would vacuum increase or decrease? Someone explain this please.

·
530whp soon
1,993 Posts
The Thermoblock certainly isolates the intake manifold from heat transfer and added volume created by the spacer will actually lower the amount of boost. As far as numbers being the same it might because I assume the air going in is a little colder. How are your AFR? Post chart before/after ;)

Edit: also make sure you belt is tight.

·
J32A2 + SC + Meth AV6
3,407 Posts
Interesting.....I put the thermoblock intake manifold gasket on yesterday too. I'm still NA @ the moment. So is this a good thing for the S/C'd guys b/c we're actually seeing the same amount whp but with less boost?

Also, not sure how many people are running the thermoblok IM gasket with S/C here. I think more people are running this setup over @ A-CL.com.

·
I'm stupid with cars
610 Posts
not to hijack ur thread.. but BlackV62K2 did you ever get ur s/c installed?

·
Who are you!?
2,328 Posts
I believe the thermoblock would only slightly lengthen the amount of time the intake manifold needs to completely heat up as if it where bolted directly to the engine when running boost. Since the air temp when you boost is about 180 degrees the intake manifold is going to heat up thermoblock or no thermoblock.

·
J32A2 + SC + Meth AV6
3,407 Posts
^ That's what I was thinking for S/C users. The air temp going into IM from the SC is already going to be hot. So the IM temp will = the air temp from the SC. So that means SC shouldnt gain anything from this mod. Although reviews speak differently on ACL.com

·
Who are you!?
2,328 Posts
BlackV62K2 said:
^ That's what I was thinking for S/C users. The air temp going into IM from the SC is already going to be hot. So the IM temp will = the air temp from the SC. So that means SC shouldnt gain anything from this mod. Although reviews speak differently on ACL.com
They should go on a good 10 mile drive boosting a few times and then see what the manifold temp is :p If anything they are able to get a little more air into the manifold because the volume has increase a little due to the thermoblock.

·
J32A2 + SC + Meth AV6
3,407 Posts
I guess aslong as the end result gains isn't lower than not having this mod installed, then it's alright. Now jleev6, got the same whp with this IM gasket and lower boost (possibly due to the IM gasket).....wondering if that's a good thing?

·
Banned
5,438 Posts
i heard a saying about superchargers at the SVT forums,

"Boys get Stroked, Real Men get Blown "

i guess you could leave it at that :D

·
supercharged
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)

Here is my air fuel on a dynojet before and after I got my FPR adjusted. Maybe the numbers aren't the same as the previous dyno I got because in january I dyno'd 263hp and 226tq on a dynapack. I know Dynapack and Dynojet nubmers are not the same.

·
supercharged
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
BlackV62K2 said:
Nope, just sent off to Comptech. Should take about 2 weeks until I get it back. Hopefully in one piece (fingers crossed)
Good luck with everything. I hope everything works out for you this time around.

·
supercharged
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
gme2001 said:
They should go on a good 10 mile drive boosting a few times and then see what the manifold temp is :p If anything they are able to get a little more air into the manifold because the volume has increase a little due to the thermoblock.
We can do that. We both live in San Jose :)

·
supercharged
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Lumpy said:
Any 1/4 times yet? What wheel/tire combo are you running?
Yeah I went to the track last week. Didnt do to well. My first time ever. Only got 3 runs and the best was 14.4 with a 2.6 60ft. Crazy slippage! Oem rims and tires. Trying to go back next month with a new rim setup and my Tein ss-p installed. RIght now Im bouncing around with stock shocks and eibach sportlines.

·
supercharged
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
BlackV62K2 said:
So is it incorrect reading on the gauge or is it the thermblok IM gasket that's causing the lower boost number?
Its not an incorrect reading on the gauge. They are brand new and I only noticed a different read out after the thermoblok spacer. 02AV6's explanation makes some sense so far.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts