Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
j30lbs
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Accord Coupe Ex, 6 Speed Tranny and j30a4 to be specific.
Im going to run an ebay turbo kit, ill list it below.

Gt35 Turbo
Large intercooler
38MM Wastegate (8lb spring, probably will reduce it)
Injectors - 550cc?
Fuel pump size 255lph or bigger maybe?
tune?

as for tubro manifold, i ordered a set from "OBX Racing" which is set up for 6th gen accord j30a1. My play is to mount the j30a4 headers and then use the rest of the kit from OBX. Ill post pictures to be more clear.

My concerns are how much boost i will be safe running considering the motor has 10:1 compression... and what size cc injectors paired with fuel pump.

·
j30lbs
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are couple pics I got. See the kit with headers is for j30a1 6th gen, I am planning to take those headers for j30a4 and make them work together

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Dont waste ur time if u want room to play with ull have to rebuild the engine....u will get piston clap or rod knock ....just speaking with experience....already went through 2 engines 9-10 pounds of boost(high mileage didnt last the tune and the refurbished engine no miles last about 3yrs j30a4

·
Registered
57 Posts
Since there isnt much space to work with would have been better to use a one sided in and out intercooler u can also find that on ebay

·
j30lbs
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I removed the wiper fluid res and the two sided intercooler already is mounted. Came out pretty damn good, stock bumper fits right over. Total sleeper 😎. I’ll be finishing up the manifold this weekend and hopefully finally mounting up the turbo officially. I’ll upload pics when is done. But as for boost I’m getting low compression pistons so I can run 8lbs and hopefully be more reliable.

This started as a cheap project, now I’m just determined to build it right. & not fast. Thanks to quarantine and all the spare time it’s given me. We’re off to a great start 👍

·
Registered
57 Posts
10:1 is where i would probably draw the line getting best in bottom and top end just my opinion(premium of course)....the weak points are the rod bearings and piston rings....my car was a sleeper also

Attachments

·
j30lbs
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hell yeah man lol that’s sick. & I’m gonna pray I have no problems with motor. To stoked on the build right now to not think positive. But How long did your motor last? & if you don’t mind how did you tune it. Did you convert the ecu and run the Acura TL with Hondaflash?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Well my first motor was ****ed when was puton the dyno during the tuning process but it already had 150000 miles on it....then my autozone refurbished engine no miles lasted about 3yrs...better off rebuilding the engine

·
Registered
57 Posts
had a tuner name Z from florida tune it....it was tuned for atleast 15 pounds 565cc injectord but mixture was very rich unfortunately to deal with high compression(safety precaution)

·
Registered
27 Posts
This will be a nice build. Keep the pics coming. I've been wanting to boost as well but can't seem to get passed how to fabricate the exhaust manifold being that the one's in our cars are welded on. I'd like to hear how yours come out. So were you just planning on using the 6thgen one's. If so, how?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Unfortunately not yet a lot of these local shops talk a good game until they actually do the service...the life of modifying your car but anyways once the parts are taken out and have exact measurements ill see about getting forged parts for the pistons rods and crank

1 - 14 of 14 Posts