Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 03 silver coupe yesterday and it came with 20's

The offset is perfect and flush with the quarter panels.

The only problem, If I go over a medium bump at average speeds the tire will hit the fender. I have maybe .75 inch of clearance on the rear wheels. The front wheels seem to be okay.

I am already planning to purchase a different set of wheels, but I was wondering if this coupe is already lowered????

Do other people with 20's on the stock ride height coupe hit their rear fenders?

Here is a picture of the rear fenders with the 20" wheels.....

·
- Leo
992 Posts
Congrats on new car.Doesn't seem lowered to me. The rims do look like they have a high offset. For the rear i would recommend rolling your fenders. But judging from the pic it looks like your rims are sticking out a bit too far, even when the suspension is compressed they wouldn't tuck under the fender. But its worth a try to roll the fenders. I would just get some different wheels unless you like these.

·
Tee-Ooh-Double-Dee
2,701 Posts
What size tires are those???

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats on new car.Doesn't seem lowered to me. The rims do look like they have a high offset. For the rear i would recommend rolling your fenders. But judging from the pic it looks like your rims are sticking out a bit too far, even when the suspension is compressed they wouldn't tuck under the fender. But its worth a try to roll the fenders. I would just get some different wheels unless you like these.
What is a good recommended offset for the coupes?

·
Registered
630 Posts
i have had this problem with 20's b4, I think that ur offset is too low or that ur tires are too wide whats the 1st # on ur tires

·
Hella Functional
4,960 Posts
for some reason it looks so out of place... lol

Maybe you should sell it, and get yourself some different kind of wheels

·
I <3 my Honda
215 Posts
Aside from the offset...you also need to check on the size of that tire..lower profile is also another suggestion if you're afraid of rubbing

i have 20x8.5 wheels with no rub.. unless i got fat chicks in the back seat! lol

·
Hella Functional
4,960 Posts
^
For some reason, those 20s do not look out of place....

I guess it's the type and the offset that makes the differenc

·
Registered
23 Posts
In my experience.
I wud say the lowest Offset you should get is 45. if you can get higher like high 40's or even 50's which is rare and if u do find it that high the style will just not look good, in my opinion. i got my car lower with 19X8.5 with a 45 offset and i want the widest tire i could fit and went with 235/35/19's and i only had a rear rubbing which was fixed with a fender roll. now i love it. (By the way our stock 6sp 17in wheel is a 55offset)

But in ur case i don't know how much ur car will rub if you lower it or if it will even fit in there. What is the tire size you have on the rim and the rim size, like 20X?? and offset??

Good luck hope this helped a bit.

·
Tee-Ooh-Double-Dee
2,701 Posts
No answer on the tire size, but those are way too big of a profile, I think that's why they look so odd. Not only does it look odd but that speedo must be hella off. Look how high the car sits. Not good.

·
Official V6P Retro Whore
3,899 Posts
Thanks xinfamiz1x! They look AWESOME! :D

I'm curious, when you brake do you have two different brightness levels?

and by brightness, I mean when your parking lights are on, and when you use the brake.

Thanks!

·
I <3 my Honda
215 Posts
Thanks xinfamiz1x! They look AWESOME! :D

I'm curious, when you brake do you have two different brightness levels?

and by brightness, I mean when your parking lights are on, and when you use the brake.

Thanks!
yea.. 2 brightness levels

i'll take a video and post it....hopefully tomorrow..i've been lazy and its been raining bad..

i drove behind the car for the first time for more than 5 minutes at night a few nights ago..i had no idea how bright the leds were..definitely a good tail light upgrade to consider

1 - 20 of 36 Posts