Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bought Tein Basics- new pics

I just oordered the tein basics along with the ingalls camber kit for the rear. I have 19 x8.5" rims 235/35 tires, would I have a rubbing issue with this set up? If so how much do you guys think I would have to pay to roll the fenders? I'll post pics of the new set up when everything gets here, probably next week sometime.

·
I Jumped Off Da Bandwagon
2,204 Posts
The great thing about it is that you can adjust the height to solve your rubbing problem.

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
yo. let me know how it went, and what you needed to retain from your stock suspension to install it.

·
I Jumped Off Da Bandwagon
2,204 Posts
From the looks of the wheels in your gallery, you're not going to be able to lower it all the way. Maybe 2-2half finger gap all around.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OwAce said:
yo. let me know how it went, and what you needed to retain from your stock suspension to install it.
I will.

Hongda said:
From the looks of the wheels in your gallery, you're not going to be able to lower it all the way. Maybe 2-2half finger gap all around.
Yeah, I don't need it slammed anyways i guess, but if i really want to I'll roll up those fenders a bit. But I'm hoping it'll be ok.
has anyone else had a problem with lowering all the way wit 8.5" tires?

·
Registered
807 Posts
Man those rims are sticking out, what were you thinking lol. If you want slammed change your rims.

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
FOUR-BY status!!! lol reminds me of those cars/trucks w/ a grip of wheel spacers or somethin to stick the wheels out... i think your offset might be all f'ed up, you should be able to tuck 8.5 in more i think from what ive read, but i aint no expert...

·
Registered
116 Posts
v6_ccord_2k5 said:
FOUR-BY status!!! lol reminds me of those cars/trucks w/ a grip of wheel spacers or somethin to stick the wheels out... i think your offset might be all f'ed up, you should be able to tuck 8.5 in more i think from what ive read, but i aint no expert...
yeah, the more I look at it, it looks like your wheels are sticking out a lot. I think you need to get at least a +42 offset to make it look flush. I'm running 18x8.5 with a +42 offset and it sits flush with the fenders. Therefore, anything bigger than a +42 will be just fine.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
they look like they are sticking out in the pics because the car was on a hill an I'm like 6"6 so I'm at another angle to lol. They are like yours though law, just wih my suv you see too much of the tire to tell. But they actuall are sitting flush, it's just that the damn wheel well is so far away. Once it gets lowered I'll be sure to post the end result. But i agree with it looking like 4x4, that'll change real soon though.

loxllxol said:
how much did you get 'em for?
The rims and tires cost $2100 including wheel locks

·
Registered
581 Posts
im going to order the basics as well. Can someone send me a link to the Ingalls camber kit i need for the alignment? Also, id only need a kit for the rear, or the frotn as well? Thanks

·
Registered
116 Posts
JPAccord said:
im going to order the basics as well. Can someone send me a link to the Ingalls camber kit i need for the alignment? Also, id only need a kit for the rear, or the frotn as well? Thanks

You can go to www.tirerack.com and you probably only need the fronts. I only needed the fronts, so it's fine

·
Registered
471 Posts
lawwoo11 said:
You can go to www.tirerack.com and you probably only need the fronts. I only needed the fronts, so it's fine

I thought camber was adjustable in the front already, and you just needed the rear? I just installed the rear kit, cause my camber was off back there. :gotme:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts