Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i m lowered on H&R sport springs and Koni red... and on 15" winter tires...

my ride is very bouncy... the car doesnt seem to be steady.. i think its the soft side walls of the tires... and i dont think its my shocks.. cuz i got them brand new...

i would like to know if you guys who have lowered cars... on 15".. is it bouncy?? not rough bouncy.. but just when i hit a small indent.. my car just bounces a bit

Thanks

·
Team Haidabo
2,236 Posts
I am on H&R Sports, with 225/45/17" tires, and stock struts, yet mine is not bouncy. However, I know it's about that time for some new struts for me. Maybe, it's the sidewall. Possibly, if you have tall tires. I do not know about Koni too well. :(

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its been on the car for about a month now

my tires are 205/60/15.. i think the FAT tires are an issue..

i have 0 finger gap in the front and 1.25ish fingers in the back...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
and.. the finger gaps never changed from the point i brought them.. they were always like that...

its like a boat... somewhat... it takes about 2 up/down's before the car settles.. and when the indent or bump is small... its fine... but when its big.. my car seems to float

and my friend, 6th gen and tokico blues + Sportlines are very firm and confortable.. could it be the way our car is designeD as well?

·
User #4002
1,283 Posts
I have H&R OE & Koni Yellow (softest setting) & Stock 15"...
The ride is not bouncy, its much 10-20% firmer then the stock setup.

when I push down the car front/rear, the car comes back up slowly and firmly no bounces. :)

·
User #4002
1,283 Posts
wildpikachu said:
I have H&R OE & Koni Yellow (softest setting) & Stock 15"...
The ride is not bouncy, its much 10-20% firmer then the stock setup.

when I push down the car front/rear, the car comes back up slowly and firmly no bounces. :)
oops I'm talking about 6th Gen.. sorry.. heh..

·
Shifting 5 Gears Baby !!
999 Posts
the tire width and sidewall height do not have anything to do with the travel u're experiencing

travel and body roll are there because the coils you have are not matched to the compression of the nitrogen chamber in the shocks

if you have 8kg/mm coil compression in the front and 6kg/mm in the rear with an oem shock replacement, you will bounce more or similar to stock

I have GR-2 with Tein S-Tech and they do not bounce at all ( believe they are 10kg/mm front & 8kg/mm in rear ) - very smooth and stiff
softer in the corners, but that is what you get for the crazy almost 3" drop I have
looking into a stability kit for the undercarriage :)

anyways, the best thing for you to do is to check if the bump stops were left on the shocks when installed or removed ... maybe they cut the bump stop toooo much making excess travel OR sell u're setup and get a true coilover kit for 1000$

;)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I dont think Koni Reds are made for OEM replacement.. they are more made for track purpose.. so i thought a stiffer ride....

i asked about the bump stops.. and the mechanic said he didnt cut any...

hm... anyone interested in purchasing H&R sports ??

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hmm I want H&R Sports with KYB AGXs... I heard it was a good combo. But how much will that run me? :eek: I'm just looking for stiffness in handling corners

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i found out that factory setting on Koni Red's are at its softest setting, so i believe that is the reason why my car bounces gayly

·
Shifting 5 Gears Baby !!
999 Posts
sell the konis and get some gr-2's
they are like 150$ shipped on ebay ;)

or if you have more funds, get some illllllllllluminas ;) or AGX

·
the Lost Sol
2,198 Posts
agx are pretty good... i have not experienced it but my friend has them in his GSR w/ sportlines.. the ride is firmer and very stable unlike his previous cheap ass coilovers... agx are adjustable also so u can set to however u like .... if ur a baller tho, u should go for koni yellow.. . IMO agx are good enuff ..dont need to spend $200 extra

·
Registered
86 Posts
i got the pro kits and the agx combo and its pretty firm and it handles much better on the corners. i just cant wait to put my rims on after winter, even though we haven't seen much snow yet. i got 18's with 40 series nitto neogen.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts