Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I changed the front pads on my 2003 Accord coupe at around 47,000 miles to Hawk performance pads. It was fine, but it started squealing really loud, so I took it out again and applied a little bit of Anti-Squeal compound. Then after a little while, I started to hear squealing again along with nasty grinding sound. So took it apart again and saw that a small pebble was stuck in the caliper. It left a tiny tiny nick, so I just cleaned everything up real well and put it back together. It was fine for a few thousand miles but it started making the same sound again. I'm not sure what's wrong with it. I haven't taken it apart yet, but I was wondering if I need to bleed the lines or something else. The grinding is also felt thru the pedals. It just feels like I'm pushing the brakes into a bunch of pebbles or something like that. I'd appreciate some advice/help as I have just begun learning to maintain cars...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Didn't turn/replace rotors but I didn't feel any roughness.

One thing I have to wonder is that I had to install it without one of the large shims because the caliper wouldn't go down with both the shims.

I basically followed this video, and used the same orange grease...But I couldn't get the caliper to close with both shims on so I had to remove one (forgot which one, I'll take a look).

http://video.vtec.net/maint/brake_pads-front.divx

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts