Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my drivers side front brake is hanging up, i took it apart and lubed up the friction surfaces with lithium grease, and its still happening but not as bad, anyone got any ideas what else could be causeing this. Or should i just go ahead and get a new caliper

·
Registered
105 Posts
metallikatz3 said:
my drivers side front brake is hanging up, i took it apart and lubed up the friction surfaces with lithium grease, and its still happening but not as bad, anyone got any ideas what else could be causeing this. Or should i just go ahead and get a new caliper

did you take a wire brush and clean and lube on the slide pins? if you did that and it still sticks it's internal with the caliper. make sure you bleed the brakes if you do replace the caliper.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I had a brake hose go bad on me. It would allow brake pressure to the piston but wouldn't allow it to release.

·
Yes, that's a giant bunny
62 Posts
you lubed the friction side?
You need some brake lube, the spray one is easier to use, but your're suppose to spray the non-friction side, (side not facing your rotors), apply two even coats on each brake pad. It should solve your sticking and/or squeaking problem.

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Zardoz said:
I had a brake hose go bad on me. It would allow brake pressure to the piston but wouldn't allow it to release.
^
that could be one

or

you might got some debris in brake line, try to bleeding brake fluid on that side.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts