Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to replace my pads and rotors and I've been looking around at places like tirerack but cant seem to find anything decent for under 350. Can any of you guys guide me to an inexpensive place? i'd greatly appreciate it.

·
✔ Verified Member
5,836 Posts
You could go to Autozone or Kragen and pick up the Acura Legend Calipers....Those are pretty cheap and they are a direct swap.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol sorry i'm sick and kinda delirious so after i re-read my post i realized i said a lot but nothing at all.

i'm just looking to replace the pads and rotors on my v6 6mt. i'm trying to find something simple but better than oem. in my dubbing days i had racingbrake rotors with hawk hp+'s but they're rediculously expensive for this car.

·
SSM_AV6-6
1,050 Posts
If you go to Amazon, you might still be able to get the Brembo rotors for $59 a piece, and the Hawk HPS pads for $69, and voila, you have new, high quality brakes for the front of your car for $190 shipped to your door.

·
Wheelgap = sleeper mod
3,038 Posts
If you go to Amazon, you might still be able to get the Brembo rotors for $59 a piece, and the Hawk HPS pads for $69, and voila, you have new, high quality brakes for the front of your car for $190 shipped to your door.
:iagree:

That's the route I'm going fairly soon. Heard great things about this setup and it's relatively cheap. Did you use a promotional code to get that price btw?

BTW, how hard would that install be? Never done a brake job. If I had someone install it, how much coin would I be looking at dropping?

·
SSM_AV6-6
1,050 Posts
:iagree:

That's the route I'm going fairly soon. Heard great things about this setup and it's relatively cheap. Did you use a promotional code to get that price btw?

BTW, how hard would that install be? Never done a brake job. If I had someone install it, how much coin would I be looking at dropping?

The pads take about 10 minutes total for two sides. The rotors can be a PITA though, because you're likely going to have to drill out the little screws that hold them to the hub. That's the only difficult thing about replacing pads and rotors. I'm going to wait until my dad can come over with his drill this weekend, otherwise I'd have them on my car as of this afternoon when I got them lol. Labor rates for rotor replacement is probably kind of expensive, and even a noob like me would rather just do it myself, so I guess I recommend just using/borrowing a drill or cordless screwdriver and doing it, it shouldn't take more than an hour at the most unless you have problems getting those little screws out.

·
Wheelgap = sleeper mod
3,038 Posts
The pads take about 10 minutes total for two sides. The rotors can be a PITA though, because you're likely going to have to drill out the little screws that hold them to the hub. That's the only difficult thing about replacing pads and rotors. I'm going to wait until my dad can come over with his drill this weekend, otherwise I'd have them on my car as of this afternoon when I got them lol. Labor rates for rotor replacement is probably kind of expensive, and even a noob like me would rather just do it myself, so I guess I recommend just using/borrowing a drill or cordless screwdriver and doing it, it shouldn't take more than an hour at the most unless you have problems getting those little screws out.

Well, I'd probaly have access to the tools if I can get to my buddies Progressive shop - that's how we installed everything else on my car because he has all the tools at the shop.

I know this sounds stupid, but if you have to drill out the screws, do the Brembo's come with replacements or do you use the screws you drilled out? You can tell I've never done brake work, lol...

·
SSM_AV6-6
1,050 Posts
Well, I believe somebody from the Amazon thread mentioned that the Brembos came with replacement screws, but they are simply unnecessary, and when I did the brakes on my old Integra I simply left them after we drilled the heads off of them. I'm assuming these rotors sit on the hub without any play, right in place, so there is no reason for the screws in the first place. The rotors are being held in place by the wheels and lug nuts, and if those fail to hold the rotor to the hub, you have much bigger problems to worry about :eek:

·
Wheelgap = sleeper mod
3,038 Posts
Well, I believe somebody from the Amazon thread mentioned that the Brembos came with replacement screws, but they are simply unnecessary, and when I did the brakes on my old Integra I simply left them after we drilled the heads off of them. I'm assuming these rotors sit on the hub without any play, right in place, so there is no reason for the screws in the first place. The rotors are being held in place by the wheels and lug nuts, and if those fail to hold the rotor to the hub, you have much bigger problems to worry about :eek:
Just let me know how you do it when you do the install this weekend if you don't mind. thanks!

·
03 AV6 Coupe
1,628 Posts
Need to replace my pads and rotors and I've been looking around at places like tirerack but cant seem to find anything decent for under 350. Can any of you guys guide me to an inexpensive place? i'd greatly appreciate it.
I bought my set-up on ebay. I bought the crossdrilled and slotted rotors plus ceramic pads for 170.00 shipped to my door. My mechanic installed them for me for 80.00 bucks!

·
Registered
326 Posts
How much would legend calipers be ? Are they a direct swap ? They work with our stock v6 6spd rotors? Which model of legend?

·
Wheelgap = sleeper mod
3,038 Posts
Maybe I'm stupid, but I'm looking at your website at Powerslot rotors (slotted) and Hawk street pads and am not seeing any pricing.

Forget it, I am stupid, I figured it out...lulz

·
Go Big Red
63 Posts
From what I have found, the 05 Accord's 60-0 distance is about 130 feet. If I were to buy the Brembo rotors and Hawk HPS pads what kind of improvements could I expect?

·
03 AV6 Coupe
1,628 Posts
1 - 20 of 34 Posts