Accord V6 Forum banner

brand of capacitor on ebay?

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  ericspda 
#1 ·
#3 ·
im not getting a cap cause my headlights dim. my dim went away when i got hids lol. but this morning i just got in the mail the grounding kit and just got it installed..

so yeah. its just are these brands okay to get? i have alpine everything. front, rear, amp, sub, deck.

also if i get the cap with the "flashing led" will that take my power away? lol... or the blue ring? it looks kinda crazy. but i wonder if it looks good. my trunk is pretty empty

#4 ·
If you want the cap to even attempt to do something, DO NOT GET A 'DIGITAL' one... theyre nearly useless for what theyre suposed to do, wich is give your amp the power it needs, faster... They generally arent going to do anything at all for dimming lights, its not designed to do that, and the only thing you can do to solve that is get a better battery, and a bigger alternator.. And while your at it, get some thicker wire going to your amp, and it will do more than a cap will ever do..

And those caps you picked out, theyre kinda pricey man.. Not even really any 'brand names' not like that would really make a difference anyways, theyre all made in the same place prety much...

#5 · (Edited)
again. this cap is not for dimming lights.

yesterday i just installed my v6p grounding kit.

also i think i have 4 gauge running through my car. i think thats enough.

i would just like come conistant power incase my amp needs it cause my battery is odd. but i have had no power failure...

.... so what cap should i get?? thats why im asking. i dont know any cap brands.

#6 ·
Oh, haha...

I thought you wanted it for dimming lights, guess i missed the NOT...

The brand dosent really matter, theyre mostly all the same, the key is, DO NOT GET A DIGITAL one, they look nice i guess, but the whole little 'saftey' and electronics crap they put in those makes them basically useless...

The thing your looking for is to not get a 'hybrid' one, and the lower the resistance the better, but i dont think most people post that beacouse the manufactuer dosent tell your, i think its called esr, it should be around .05 i think, lower is better...

And 1 farad isnt a whole lot of raw power, what kind of amps are you driving, and subs? How many total watts, rms?

And 4ga is poor... a thicker wire to the amp will help more than any cap ever will...

#8 ·
xxvietside said:
get a batcap. its worth your money instead of those digital cap. it'll give your system juice to bump it hardcore ...
you know its just a small battery, right?

They help obviously, your just adding a smaller batt right next to the amp, its just... theyre hella expensive. If you want more bump in your trunk, get a amp thats rated for AT LEAST 2-3 times (rms) more than your sub can handle, run a minninum of 2 ga wire to the trunk ( i had a 0ga for + AND - on my 800w rms amp) and get a second batt, or a beefy optima..

Basically, screw the cap, just get a 0ga wire straight off the batt, and run it for + AND the ground... running a huge wire to the trunk for+, then putting the ground to the chasis is just stupid....

Seriously... get thick ass wire for + and -, and it would kick more than a cap would ever...

#12 ·
cap... for hard thumps from bass when needed....

i have only 1 sub. i have 2 front type r compents. 2 rear type r. 1 alpine amp - 4 channel.

also what is the best gauge wiring then? i swear i had the thickest.... it was 140 from best buy. odd. but this was 2 years ago.

#14 ·
ATran said:
cap... for hard thumps from bass when needed....

i have only 1 sub. i have 2 front type r compents. 2 rear type r. 1 alpine amp - 4 channel.

also what is the best gauge wiring then? i swear i had the thickest.... it was 140 from best buy. odd. but this was 2 years ago.
Seesh... theres your problem, best buy SUCKS for anything to do with audio... Thier amp wireing kits are stupid expensive, and theyre best one is like a 4gauge? what the hell..

and from what i see, your running a sub, and 4 speakers off a 4 channel amp? Ugh...

Get a seperate amp for the sub with a internal crossover and you will get WAY more bass. It sounds to me like your trying to get something that you just cant get out of that amp...

and if your spending $120 for some nice looking 4ga wire from bb, you need some good old fashined skoolin'

But, caps are nearly useless for every application for the average person...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.