Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a v6 and would like the sound of a buddy club exhaust. Could i custom build an exhaust to get that sound or would it be easier to buy the muffler? Not sure how the sound portion of exhausts work as in using resonators and what not. Thanks.

·
Registered
258 Posts
sound of an exhaust is actually pretty tough to duplicate. Thats why you always hear in auto mags how well they "tuned the exhaust", course that also has to do with performance too. But what you can do is to try to mimis the buddy club design as close as possible. Get the same mufflers if possible, ensure lengths and diameters are the same and placement of resonators are the same as well. If ya do that you can get pretty close if not perfect. There are SO many factors that determine sound that when I have built coustom exhausts in the past the only thing I've worried about is placement of resonators and mufflers to make sure there is little rasp or drone.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gracias sir! so you would suggest that i buy the exhaust tip from buddy club along with finding out the specs of the full thing?

·
az highway 88 touge' king
102 Posts
just buy the whole thing lol! it usually doesnt sound as good as the real thing. i've gone thru all kinds of exhaust set ups on my 97 sedan and my ep3. just advice form expirience if u want it to sound good dont go cheap. u will get what u pay for.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts