Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if an '01 or '02 bumper will fit on an '00 accord with ease, or will i need to make some modifications? I am about to buy an '00, but i like the newer bumper changes of the '01 and '02, but i don't feel like having to buy new fenders, headlights, etc. if it doesn't fit.

Thanks friends,

d

·
k24/k20 Turbo coming soon
3,305 Posts
maverick21383 said:
Does anyone know if an '01 or '02 bumper will fit on an '00 accord with ease, or will i need to make some modifications? I am about to buy an '00, but i like the newer bumper changes of the '01 and '02, but i don't feel like having to buy new fenders, headlights, etc. if it doesn't fit.

Thanks friends,

d

Do you have a coupe if so it should be a easy swap going from 98-00 to 01-02 bumper, if you have a 98-00 sedan and want the 01-02 bumper all you will need to change is the support bar comes off and on with a few bolt's nothing major and it's about $40 at the dealer. You don't have to change fenders but you might want to change the hood at some point, the little gap may bother you as the bumper and your 98-00 hood won't line up perfect but for most people it does not bother them and some just end up buying a CF hood to makes things perfect.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Wich hood will i need if i do that bumper swap ??

I got a 2001 coupe bumper waiting to be swapped. Will i need a 2001 coupe hood or any coupe hood will fit ??

Does a 2000 coupe hood in carbon fiber will fit ??

·
My car makes noises >_<
76 Posts
Sorry to jack your thread for a bit, but will a coupe bumper fit on a sedan? I know I've seen a few people do it but I wasn't sure. I have an 02 sedan and wanted to swap my front bumper for the coupe bumper.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Saito said:
Sorry to jack your thread for a bit, but will a coupe bumper fit on a sedan? I know I've seen a few people do it but I wasn't sure. I have an 02 sedan and wanted to swap my front bumper for the coupe bumper.
it'll fit but you would want to change the hood when your doing a Sedan to Coupe bumper swap.. from what i remember the gap is much more noticable then doing a 98-00 to 01-02 sedan bumper swap

·
My car makes noises >_<
76 Posts
Champaned_out said:
it'll fit but you would want to change the hood when your doing a Sedan to Coupe bumper swap.. from what i remember the gap is much more noticable then doing a 98-00 to 01-02 sedan bumper swap
Ok thanks a lot, so this means its actually gonna cost me more money than I wanted lol. I have my headers sitting in my closet and my air/fuel and oil pressure gauges on my night stand, still haven't had time/money for either of those >_<

1 - 6 of 6 Posts