Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My check engine light started coming on and looks to be the rear air/fuel ratio sensor...from what I was told it pretty exprensive and only there for monitoring smog....I was told that it doesnt effect how the car runs and from what it looks like I havent felt a difference in the car...should I fix it or just cover the C.E.L with a picture or something....

Oh by the way....if anyone doesnt have extended warranty .....buy it....It looks like my next car will be a Toyota...

Rick

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
It’s very possible it will be fixed by Honda under warranty.
Honda’s warranty on some of emission parts like catalytic converter and etc is 8years and 80,000ml, so check owner manual for additional warranties.

·
Registered
813 Posts
yea o2 sensors can be very expensive like around $200-$250. Yea the car will be fine with you sensor being bad but you will just have to live with that annoying Check engine light. I am also going to be purchasing the extended warranty on my car soon, its worth it! Its saved my on my last accord (tranny and alternator). If you want to buy an O2 to fix the problem i could probably get you one for half the price!

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Andrew said:
yea o2 sensors can be very expensive like around $200-$250. Yea the car will be fine with you sensor being bad but you will just have to live with that annoying Check engine light. I am also going to be purchasing the extended warranty on my car soon, its worth it! Its saved my on my last accord (tranny and alternator). If you want to buy an O2 to fix the problem i could probably get you one for half the price!
Cool , I'll let you know if I need one ...thanks

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sumptimwong said:
i thought bumper-to-bumper was 3 yrs or 36k.
Actually its a emissions thing I heard....and most of the time California emission is 5 year / 60 k.... or 6 /80 ......I guess not for Honda..

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
smokin6speed said:
many times they have been known to do goodwill fixes on stuff like that when you aren't way out of warranty..
:and1:

my brother got catalytic converter replaced this way, and quite few people with 6gen accords got trasmississions replaced under goodwill

1 - 9 of 9 Posts