Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
That 100k figure is the warranty on the filter.....not the cleaning cycle......every oil change would be good, it also depends on the conditions you drive in.........

·
Wheelgap = sleeper mod
3,038 Posts
Kingof3rdinput said:
I thought it was 15k. I've also read that it may perform a tad better a little dirty? I cant vouch for that though.
That's what I've heard to. They perform better with a tad bit of dirt, and you should clean the filter approximately every 15k miles.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Your nuts if you clean this thing every oil change. At most, you are supposed to tap it to shake off the heavier particles. It does not need cleaning unless it is visibly really dirty. Check how red the oil still is to see if it's dirty or clean. Regardless, cleaning involves solvents and reoiling. I looked at mine after 15k miles. Still looks very red and hardly any dirt shook off it. I just put it back in. I cleaned the one on my dSV every 30-50k. But it really wasn't even that dirty then either. I will continue to check it every 7500 (every 2nd oil change), take off the filter for tapping every 15k and anticipate reoiling every 30-50k. To vouch for the effectiveness of my cleaning intervals, my dSV lasted over 200,000 miles on this type of filter and I cleaned it maybe 4 times total. She was still running perfect when she was taken away from me. RIP my Baby, 238,000 miles and 10 years of joy. I miss her.

J

·
Registered
352 Posts
THERUIZFAMILY said:
I figured test it like a normal filter.......If you can put it up and still see light through the small slits it should be clean.

Rick
If you can see light through it, it ain't oiled properly. Red = clean, brown = dirty.

J

·
Registered
108 Posts
there are alot of facctors involved, where u live, road/weather conditions, those who have OEM fog lights probably wont have to clean them as often......lotta factors.....use your best judgement.........

·
get'cha roll on...
1,449 Posts
i live in the northeast-- usually spray some cleaner on the filter twice a year. basically whenever im modding something where i need to take off the front bumper.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts