Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm looking to spend around $300 for a low end torque boost, after i put in 2 magan raceing mufflers i lost a lot of low end torque.
i want to get cai but i've heard that you cant drive it during the rain becuase the water will get in?
and also its a pain to install. so i was thinking about just getting a sri...
what do u guys thing?

oh ya and which intake i get. were would the other things tat connect to the stock intake on a 01 av6 go? im talkin about the little tubes connected at the base of the stock intake.

thanks once again guys

·
4 bangin'
2,277 Posts
you cant really f*ck up anything with some water getting in your CAi, if you get one.......youd have to have the cone submerdged in water and youd have to be at WOT to really do anything. i have the AEM CAI, not the v2, and i have no bypass on it, and ive been fine since november, and i like in NJ, so i survived the winter as well.

V look here maybe? V
http://www.v6performance.net/forums/showthread.php?t=58083

·
4 bangin'
2,277 Posts
DPs Finest said:
and also its a pain to install
CAIS are actually really easy, plus, you just have to remove the resonator where the CAI would go if you got either.......i have no clue why some people leave the resonator in if they get a SRI....lazyness? anyway, its easy, im guessing, t was easy on my 4 banger.

nodoubt said:
spend the other $150 on spelling lessons.
haha, oouucchh!

·
Registered
249 Posts
I got sri and will be changing to cai. He's right about the water cann't really be sucked up in it unless you drive off a peer.

Screw spelling this isn't 10th grade

Next mod for low end you need is UR pullys. then noligy hot wires. then you should be good to go.

O yea and those thermo gaskets to go between you maniflod and heads to aid in cooler intake air temp would be great too for low end.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Sketch o5 said:
you cant really f*ck up anything with some water getting in your CAi, if you get one.......youd have to have the cone submerdged in water and youd have to be at WOT to really do anything. i have the AEM CAI, not the v2, and i have no bypass on it, and ive been fine since november, and i like in NJ, so i survived the winter as well.

V look here maybe? V
http://www.v6performance.net/forums/showthread.php?t=58083
well youre talking out of your ass. my integra bent a con rod as i went through some water at around 20mph and with no throttle because i didnt have a bypass valve on my cai.

·
4 bangin'
2,277 Posts
Hites said:
well youre talking out of your ass. my integra bent a con rod as i went through some water at around 20mph and with no throttle because i didnt have a bypass valve on my cai.
ive hit many puddles with my car......its not lowered or anything, not that that would make a difference, but still, ive hit so many puddles since i put my CAI on last november, and nothing wrong at all. a few were deep ones too.....i just let off the gas, cuz i couldnt move out of the way, and my car still runs like a champ.

DavesAv6 said:
He's right about the water cann't really be sucked up in it unless you drive off a peer.
so i guess hes another ass talker?

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have never had a problem with my V1 with water, but I always aviod even puddles just to be on the safe side. I've heard from a lot of people that it won't do anything unless it's almost completely under water. but personally I wouldn't risk it. If I were you I would go with a CAI and just make sure not to drive into water:)

·
Registered
307 Posts
I hate to be a nazi and say what countless other people have said to me in the past, but.........if you use the "Search" function, you find a million other threads talking about the same thing. ;)

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Sketch o5 said:
uh huh. w/e dude, we all have our own opinions and views.
ummm... its called a "fact", not an "opinion".

·
Registered
307 Posts
That's true.....your engine is basically just a big air pump. :)

The manifold vacuum, even at idle is definitely strong enough to suck up water, if the intake was submersed. You would however need to completely submerse the end of the pipe, or the whole of the filter in water, before it would begin sucking up any large volume of water. Just splashing the filter, or getting a little rain on it wouldn't matter.

·
User #4002
1,283 Posts
Have you considered Comptech Ice Box?

·
Registered
307 Posts
wildpikachu said:
Have you considered Comptech Ice Box?
ewww!! replace the ugly black plastic stock intake, with another ugly black plastic intake, that doesn't make a cool loud sucking noise? Hell no, if you're truely worried about hydrolock, just get a nice AEM SRI! Ice-box, bah humbug! lol ;)

·
User #4002
1,283 Posts
H0ndaJunkie said:
ewww!! replace the ugly black plastic stock intake, with another ugly black plastic intake, that doesn't make a cool loud sucking noise? Hell no, if you're truely worried about hydrolock, just get a nice AEM SRI! Ice-box, bah humbug! lol ;)
okay.. okay.. here :) Volant Ice Box on a Honda Accord V6 6th gen (not another ugly black plastic intake at least this looks better than CT's)

http://www.volantperformance.com/3dkls/iddb/Pictures/11630Ci.jpg

1 - 20 of 31 Posts