Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People say that CAI is better than Short Ram. Yet, I dont understand why. Can someone explain the difference? All I heard was that Short Ram generates more heat. Also, is there a sound difference ?

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
se4nstar said:
People say that CAI is better than Short Ram. Yet, I dont understand why. Can someone explain the difference? All I heard was that Short Ram generates more heat. Also, is there a sound difference ?
short ram intake stays in the hood, while the cai's filter is right behind the bumper...closer to the ground. the lower to the ground u are, the denser the air is. and the colder and denser the air is...the better.
short ram is also louder, because everything, the tube and filter is under the hood. the cai is also loud, but not as loud as a short ram because hte air filter is not in the engine bay.
cai all the way, its not even an option if u have a v6 lol. only upside of having a short ram is that u can see how dirty the filter is and when to clean it and to prevent hydrolocking if u live in a rainy area

·
From J30A to 4g63
753 Posts
wj4 said:
short ram intake stays in the hood, while the cai's filter is right behind the bumper...closer to the ground. the lower to the ground u are, the denser the air is. and the colder and denser the air is...the better.
short ram is also louder, because everything, the tube and filter is under the hood. the cai is also loud, but not as loud as a short ram because hte air filter is not in the engine bay.
cai all the way, its not even an option if u have a v6 lol. only upside of having a short ram is that u can see how dirty the filter is and when to clean it and to prevent hydrolocking if u live in a rainy area
:iagree:

·
Registered
37 Posts
I love my Weapon R Secret Weapon Ram Intake. A little less low end, but mid and high end are great. Very loud at high RPM's. The quick install and cleaning made me decide on Ram eventhough I have a hot V6 engine.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
i4performance said:
Do by-pass valves negate CAI performance?
a little bit but now much. u have to cut the pipe in half and insert that foam sponge (the valve) in between. since there is now a cut, a weeeny bit of hot air can get thru and the cold air will not be as cold as it can be anymore.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Kingof3rdinput said:
you lost low end???
Just a bit when you hit the gas. once up to 3K or so it kicks in. I would recommend.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Accord_101 said:
Just a bit when you hit the gas. once up to 3K or so it kicks in. I would recommend.

Where did you get your secret weapon r intake?

·
Registered
37 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts