Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the sound difference. I want an intake that really screams..I heard that SRI is better..someone who has had both or knows a lot about both let me know..I want a louder intake. and also which gives more hp over stock air box cold air or short ram...mainly i need to know the sound difference..thanx

·
Destroyer of Tires
16,094 Posts
fulloboost said:
What is the sound difference. I want an intake that really screams..I heard that SRI is better..someone who has had both or knows a lot about both let me know..I want a louder intake. and also which gives more hp over stock air box cold air or short ram...mainly i need to know the sound difference..thanx
I have short ram, and when your at WOT thats all you can hear. It sounds mean as hell. Not sure how CAI sounds but SRI is really really nice. From my what I hear* you get better gains with the CAI, but SRI is a better investment. It's cheaper, easier to install, sounds better*, and it looks better.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Aztro said:
Doesn't the AEM V2 scream? It also hums at idle according to some people who have it.
V2 is expensive tho. Yea it screams... but I have the AEM SRI and I am happy with it.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I use to have the AEM CAI and now I have the AEM short ram on I didn't really notice a big difference in sound but I like the power of the CAI versus the short ram. I will be replacing the short ram with the V2 by the end of this week.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Well I put in the V2 and the install only took about 30 minutes again the sound wasn't very much different, maybe cause of the headers and exhaust but the powerband from mid to high rpm is much more responsive. I think I will be keeping the V2.

·
V6P Lover
1,384 Posts
if any of you want a vid clip of how the v2 sounds like msg me in aim, i have a couple of clips..... my name there is nissan3o0zx

·
Banned
4,655 Posts
how loud is the SRI sound? say u got a dual catback exhaust mod + sri...it it really loud? i got a magnaflow catback and its got a deep rumble sound....if i add sri from AEM how will it sound? im worried bout getting stopped by da cops at nitetime...

·
Destroyer of Tires
16,094 Posts
kleptodathief said:
how loud is the SRI sound? say u got a dual catback exhaust mod + sri...it it really loud? i got a magnaflow catback and its got a deep rumble sound....if i add sri from AEM how will it sound? im worried bout getting stopped by da cops at nitetime...
Short ram is only loud when you floor it, and when you do, thats all you can hear.

·
Butta
837 Posts
Yeah.... unless u drive around when the pedal on the floor all the time... you will forget you have it, but the sound is taken over by the intake over the exhaust when u floor it.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts