Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, i'm about to get smog done on my car and was wondering if anyone knows which cai's are carb exempt besides the K&N Typhoon Kit and the AEM CAI for the 7th Gen V6's?
I have the AEM v2, and that crap is still pending, how about Injen? the RD Series? they pending too or what?
And, has anyone tried the K&N Typhoon Kit? is it any good?
If its any good, I think I might get one of those to make my car carb exempt; so if i do, anyone want to use my v2 who has an injen to try some dynos? :D
Jason

·
Registered
37 Posts
I thought you didn't have to smog a newer car till the fifth year registration??

Back in the day you could have asked for a CARB sticker from one of the companies that have intakes that are excempt, but they are being tough these days (I tried to do that already with my new intake). K&N and AEM are the only one's I know for our cars. You can always put the stock air box back in for the visual test. Go to junk yard if you trashed your old one.

·
_
1,648 Posts
blu6speed said:
Ha, if anyone has a pic of the carb sticker, ill make them and send them out for a few bucks...then we can all be carb legal!

that's what i thought of doing. i'll put an aem sticker on my injen to "make it carb legal"

·
Registered
37 Posts
0430Steve said:
that's what i thought of doing. i'll put an aem sticker on my injen to "make it carb legal"
Don't laugh guys, that's what I did with my old intake in my '94 Accord, worked like a charm, even at the state owned smog shop after I got a ticket for all my bells and whistles (stupid Oceanside CHP!!!).

·
_
1,648 Posts
Kingof3rdinput said:
just call them and ask for one.
don't think you can.

and if you can, that's what i should do. my "injen" intake is blank, but it has an injen filter and came in the injen box, with injen directions, and with the injen license plate, but i would bet money it's fake.

if not, does anyone know if i could get a carb sticker from them.....i bought it from some "authorized" injen seller.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts