Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
I think the the v6 6mt couple and the v6 hybrid accord might fit. but don't quote me. The TL calipers need new custom brackets.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Well after looking on Advance auto's website... The 4cyl and 6cyl models use different pads and calipers. The 6 cyl automatics use an 11in rotor and the 6cyl hybrids use an 11.8 rotor, caliper, and bracket to match the larger size. I know from this thread: http://www.v6performance.net/forums/7th-generation-honda-accord-2003-2007/207987-v6-6mt-sedan-brake-sizes.html

You can upgrade the 6cyl auto rotors/calipers to the 6cyl hybrids brakes because the mounting for the caliper is the same.

However, I would do a little more research to see if the mounting for the 4cyl and 6cyl hybrids are the same for you. That could be done by asking to see 4cyl caliper w/ mounting bracket and 6cyl hybrid caliper w/ bracket. Hope that helps some.

Also, I heard somewhere else that you have to have a 16 or 17in minimum rim to fit the hybrid's rotors and calipers. Not sure completely though.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Is there a big difference of worth doing on 6mt one's? What about TSX one's? Any difference?
The warpage won't be as bad as the smaller brakes and you will probably have better braking to some degree. I'm probably going to upgrade my brakes this summer to crv or the 6mt calipers and rotors this summer to find out for myself.

·
Registered
969 Posts
i am putting the RL calipers on my 7.5 gen v6 6mt. so if you want to buy that setup from me let me know. i am installing first week of july, they will be on sale then.

·
Registered
401 Posts
i am putting the RL calipers on my 7.5 gen v6 6mt. so if you want to buy that setup from me let me know. i am installing first week of july, they will be on sale then.
11.8 calipers? I will buy the calipers/brackets off you around then. I won't need anything else because I will probably just buy some generic rotors and I have lifetime replacement pads...

·
2003 Acura CL-S 6speed
96 Posts
not sure if NSX or legend calipers work for you guys?? I know they do for the 2nd gen TL/CL.

·
2003 Acura CL-S 6speed
96 Posts
Hey i spotted you yesterday on Dixie bro! Car looks so nice!
Thanks buddy! I did a lot of research on the RL caliper setup. I even sourced some calipers in Canada ($300 shipped). I did some measuring and they wouldn't clear my rims, so i've ordered the NSX calipers. Pretty sure the RL setup will work on your car. If you go with cheaper rotors, it can be done for ~$600-650.

·
Registered
238 Posts
not sure if NSX or legend calipers work for you guys?? I know they do for the 2nd gen TL/CL.
you know the 3g TL AUTO brakes are the exact same as on the 2g's (minus the rear rotor which has a slightly smaller outside diameter hub on the 3g's; with a little machining of the 2g hub, they will slip right on)

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
just go legend calipers. they are twin pod instead of single.

·
FRAUDULENT SELLER
1,946 Posts

·
Honda enthusiast
603 Posts
I have an 03 6 speed and i was thinking of upgrading the brakes because they werent up to par but upon inspection I found that the previous owner installed v6 auto pads(WRONG)so i put the larger 6 speed pads on and whoa now it stops on a dime! If you get the 6 speed setup you wont be disapointed imho.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts