Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm planning on purchasing a carbon fiber hood for my 02 accord cpe and was wondering what you guys have out there. what fit the best and worked the best for you. i've seen "vis" and thats about it. thanx.

·
aka XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
489 Posts
I went with VIS, make sure to get hoodpins. Its worth having in the long run.

·
The New Guy
324 Posts
VIS has nice quality and fitment for a great price. Best bang for the buck by far.

And like X^15 said, I'd recommend good quality hood pins for ANY carbon fiber hood regardless of quality/price. And pick up an non-V6 model hood prop since you have to ditch the hood struts. Using a broomstick to hold the hood up gets old after a while. :D

·
Hatin' on me hatin' on me
3,751 Posts
Yes hood pins are nice. Keeps the hood from flapping around in the latch when you're driving above 65 mph :p

·
3,751 Posts
albisv6 said:
i'm planning on purchasing a carbon fiber hood for my 02 accord cpe and was wondering what you guys have out there. what fit the best and worked the best for you. i've seen "vis" and thats about it. thanx.
come out to the 714 meet sometime, tonight or some other week on thursday. Or the 562, I'm likely to be there if i'm not lazy.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
i havent had any problems with my vis cf hood without hood pins. it never moves. as for removing the struts, you dont have to, but its a good idea to get rid of em. i just stand my hood up vertical whenever i need under it.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
VIS here also.... they are great hoods... but when i drive 65+ on the freeway the sides tend to flare up so i bought hood-pins and took care of that problem... hood-pins are a great investment...

·
POS driver
1,372 Posts
i had a GTP CF hood...never had any problems of it flapping til that one day doing like 1250mph on 210 freeway going up to the valley it started to flap hardcore..but normally..never had any troubles without the pins...fitment is pretty good..metal latch...rolled edges..and everything else...it's a little lighter than the VIS ones also..

·
Accord Mafia Member #001
350 Posts
I have a VIS Invader hood. Fits fine, no flapping. Although it is a little warped on the driver's side (sits higher than pass. side) that's about the only quirk I have w/ it, seems it's common w/ that model. I'll get hood pins eventually but for now it's fine.

·
QUICK!!! someone Beer me!
1,156 Posts
are there any alternatives to hoodpins?
like maybe something hidden underneath that holds it down the same as pins?

i really don't like the look of them on the CF hood.

·
3,751 Posts
Next 562 is in Artesia on Monday. Check the So-Cal forum and you'll find the link. The next 714 meet is on thursday. The so-cal forum has all the info there.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have a ViS Invader hood and I've never had any problems. I don't have hoodpins and haven't had any problems with it. but I may get some eventually.

·
GOT BOOST?? I DO!!
334 Posts
VIS Invader with Sparco pins here. No problems.......

Well, except for the time that I took my car to get the oil changed (first time I have ever done that and it will be the last). I told the tech to let me shut my hood because I don't want it screwed up. Well, low and behold, I see them out there slamming the hood down and trying to push it shut. I run out there and look at it, and there is a huge 4-5" split in the front center of the hood. I pointed it out and they denied. Now I am at about the point in calling a lawyer about it.

But that doesn't have anything to do specifically with the quality of the hood.

·
✠ 2nd Amendment'r ✠
5,355 Posts
Get VIS or Seibon...i have VIS currently, but seibon is comparative to VIS in the productionn process, and quality. Ive never had a problem with noticable flapping....

·
Banned
4,406 Posts
vis oem, with custom paint over hurr.. works great, no issues, no hood pins, been to 125mph with it, no problems

1 - 19 of 19 Posts