Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, i've been researching on the net for a while but can't find these things anywhere and i know they exist. how do you caluclate your 1/8 mile time and trap speed according to your weight and horse power? Also how do you then calculae your 0-60 time using the 1/8th mile time and trap speed info? Thanks.

·
St. Louis!
3,378 Posts
Those in car test devices????? Go to Caranddriver.com they have the biggest write up on like 10 of em. If you just wanna know the calculations go to a track. Theres no way to just "know" by calculating HP and weight.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have one calculation for estimating HP given your car's weight and trap speed at the end of the 1/4 mile but nothing for 1/8 mile.

HP = ((trap speed / 234) ^ 3) *weight

It works OK.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea, i've found that one before, no worries though. I would normally just go to the track if i was really interested, but it's for a program that calculates your 0-60, 1/8th mile, 1/4 mile etc in relation to your horsepower and weight. I've seen these calculations used before, but i don't know what they are. Accuracy is not the main concern, the number more just needs to be semi-believable being the program is for a digital media studies class. He won't know the difference as long as it seems to be scaling properly with an increase in horsepower. But, the project is due today and i derived a formula that works OK, it's not exact but it works for the purpose of the assignment, thanks for your help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts