Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iwill be getting the tein-ss, will I need a camber kit in the front with 20x8.5 w/245-35-20 tires? A shop told me that
I would need it. what do you guys think?

·
Registered
557 Posts
i'd get the rears if your going to have no wheel gap just to be safe. its a good investment and it'll save tire life.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Depends on how low you're dropping... I have Tien Basics on 20x8.5 with 225/35 tires. I'm down to maybe a half finger gap in front & JUST tuckin' in the rear. I can visually SEE where my camber is off in the rear so I know I need a rear camber kit....

What offset are you running? I have a 40 offset & I can tell you right now you won't be able to slam to the ground without rubbing. My inner fender well has been completely rubbed away from the tire on the drivers side. It's to the front of the tire, not above it. The passenger side is almost untouched though for some reason... It doesn't rub all the time but on moderate dips & inclines it does.... I know that I'ma have to raise up some more b/c I'm barely tuckin in the rear now, but when my camber is corrected & my tires are in line vertically I will probably rub really bad in the rear....

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my off set is 45. if I stan in the trunk and jump up and down. the wheels dont touch the fenders. Im 6'6'' 300lbs. one day I had over 300lbs bags of dirt for my yard l in my trunk. the wheels were tuck with no rub at all, also in turns and big bumps. I know I will need the camber in the back, woundering about the front

·
Registered
394 Posts
Some cars need it and some cars don't.... I have 20x8.5 offset 40 with tein basics and my front alignment couldn't be better... the rears are a must... Once Thien installed my basics, you could tell the rears were waaaay off... but the fronts were fine...we waited for it to settle in to see if it would throw it off, but didn't do anything, so saves me $160...

1,221 Posts
i have a question about front camber kit too... i'm getting the supercup kit in a few days and will i need a front camber kit if i lower it as much as i can?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts