Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay here is my situation i have some money and i only have enough to do one of these mods but which one, i thought some of my v6 brothas could lend me a hand..........................cams or drop my car with eibach springs :confused:

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
slowaccord said:
cams r really expensive with the install and valve adjustments
dang that was fast

yea i also meant to say that if i get the cams i will not be able to put them in right away but i found a brand new pair for 175 dollars................on the other hand i have a friend that owns a local shop and he is going to sell me the eibach springs for 130 dollars and he will install them for free............... so many choices so little money :banghead:

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
UnIQuEX said:
I say you drop it, improve your looks =D

i was thinking the same thing because right now my car looks like a 4x4, i mean i could probally go mudding :rolleye2:

·
Registered
647 Posts
cams with the valve adj. will cost you anywere from 350- like 800 if you have to pay full price for the install.

i would rather have the cams though

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
comptechV6 said:
Drop it forget cams

thanks for all the input guys keep it coming...............if i drop it i will have it done tomorrow morning...............the more i think about it the more i get excited about loosing the truck effect

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
marr9188 said:
dang that was fast

yea i also meant to say that if i get the cams i will not be able to put them in right away but i found a brand new pair for 175 dollars................on the other hand i have a friend that owns a local shop and he is going to sell me the eibach springs for 130 dollars and he will install them for free............... so many choices so little money :banghead:
what do you mean a pair? its SOHC

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
blackhawk411 said:
what do you mean a pair? its SOHC

pair as in 2 cams, i know it is single overhead i guess i just need to be alittle more clear next time..............whats your opinion cams or springs

·
4 bangin'
2,277 Posts
marr9188 said:
i was thinking the same thing because right now my car looks like a 4x4, i mean i could probally go mudding :rolleye2:
i do go mudding :up2: , hahahahahaha....i am serious tho, cuz i figured thats what 4x4's were for, haha.

id say drop it, but get struts too.......not just springs.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well it looks like i am going to be doing the cams, i have never been so mad as i was this morning.................i drove forever to go to the shop to get my springs put on and when i got there he conveniently left out that they were for a 4 cylinder and he told me they would fit my car

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Doctor_X said:
Well they will fit on your car...

oh my bad i meant they will not fit on my car, he said since i have the v6 engine the front springs would not be able to take the weight of the engine

·
Destroyer of Tires
16,094 Posts
They'll fit, but I think the front is going to be a lot lower than normal because of the added weight. Since he had the wrong springs just tell him to switch them out for the V6 springs. Trust me, you'll like lowering your car lol.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Doctor_X said:
They'll fit, but I think the front is going to be a lot lower than normal because of the added weight. Since he had the wrong springs just tell him to switch them out for the V6 springs. Trust me, you'll like lowering your car lol.

well see if it would fit i would just use the 4 cylinder ones as long as it would not look stupid.................... the reason i can not swap them out is these were a left over pair and this is why i was going to be able to get them for so cheap

1 - 19 of 19 Posts