Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
SHARINGAN!
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im planning on getting a JBL 1200.1 amp and 2 12' MTX 8000s if i got those could i keep my stock headunit? i know i have to get those rca converter things.

with those rca things does that mean my rear two speakers won't work at all?

·
jinsoku.com
5,934 Posts
im planning on getting a JBL 1200.1 amp and 2 12' MTX 8000s if i got those could i keep my stock headunit? i know i have to get those rca converter things.

with those rca things does that mean my rear two speakers won't work at all?
i am planning on doing this as well...let me know how it goes...thanks...

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
awesome amp bro :D

MTX subs are um.. well just that.

Pair that amp with a nice pair of E12Ks or shivas.. and my friend you will be jacking off to the some excellent deep deep bass.

I bet your next sub purchase will be one of those once you get a chance to hear them in another car.

If you dont mind me asking how much are you getting the mtx's for and do they come in a pre-fab box?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I know alot of people seem to be going with 2 sub's, but just make sure that you really need them. In some cases I rather spend $300 on one really good sub rather than get 2 for $150 each. It depends on what you are looking for really... if you want to move alot of air, then you do need the extra surface area of the two sub's, but if you are looking for tight quick bass that doesn't have to be extremely loud, then you may be able to get away with a single sub.....whether it be JL W3V2, W6, or something else. I am still trying to find the perfect sub for me, but check out some other sub's out there, as you may find something that is perfect for you.

This is one sub I want to listen to but haven't had the chance to.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts