Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please provide info or link on how to remove/modify the 6speed slave cylinder check valve?
I tried to search, but I'm to stupid and/or inpatient to find the answer.

Thanks Mucho!
JT

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Where is the S/C Located ? It's not in my manual. Dumb question but I tak its with the Master cylider?

·
Registered
18 Posts
The slave cylinder is most easily accessed from the underside of the car. It is right next to the transmission, to the left. The retaining ring is a pita to remove unless you have some proper picks.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Thanks CM7luv!! Found it! You think the Retaining ring can be pried off with thin head screw driver ? How is the ring held in ? Everything Ive seen the people just say "take it off" and then there is the pic of the S/C and it is all score and banged up. Looks like my kind of MOD!! LOL

·
Registered
539 Posts
I purchased a brand new one, and was able to remove the retaining ring with push pins. It is much easier to get it out when it is new, and without all of the dirt and grime that gets built up over the years

·
Registered
190 Posts
How much was the new one? And, couldn't we just buy a slave cylinder that didn't have the check valve? Is there one available, like from an older Accord or Prelude that we could make work?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts